as i was
"deep cleaning" my kitchen this morning
and not really "singing" about it,
i looked up
and this was my view
out my kitchen window
it may not look like much
through the screen
but it made me and aware
of the beauty
around me
and i am thankful

"one of the most tragic things i know about human nature
is that all of us tend to put off living.
we are all dreaming of some magical rose garden
over the horizon
instead of enjoying the roses blooming
outside our windows
today."
~dale carnegie


7 comments:
this is so true...sometimes I catch my surroundings in a more appreciative light and I just want to soak it all up...sight, sound, smell, before it's all gone and I am forced to rush into my obligations. I think it's human nature to take what we "have" for granted...it's very nice to see the world through your eyes this morning, but I am grateful you didn't make us clean with you!
your little garden area is beautiful and I think I see a perfect spot for those Dahlberg Daisies...
have a sweet day my friend ~
:)
Joni
Oh I love that quote! I love sitting on your patio or swinging in your swing in the backyard just enjoying what surrounds me! Wyatt loves it too! Love you mom!
your backyard IS a bit of a wonderland!:) much life and new growth.
Goodness gracious, what a wonderful view you have. The house I had before had a kitchen window that looked out over my porch. I loved it, but then we had to have room for an office so the back porch got enclosed. I hated that because I had to give up my window. Having a view like you have surely makes kitchen work brighter and knowing you take time to enjoy it makes it all the more special.
Hope you can sit outside a bit this evening and enjoy the evening air.
Hugs,
What a wonderful way to take a momentary mental break from the lovely job of cleaning! You do have such a beautiful backyard. Hope you are enjoying your weekend!
Very pretty mom! :) It looks very green!!
so very true, I wonder sometimes if there is "magical rose garden" some place else, then I relize I do have a rose garden, my rose's are mature now. what a nice place you have. Hug's always...Annette
Post a Comment