our oldest grandson uses this phrase quite a bit
and in the sweetest way
following is a conversation we might have
little boy: "why you not toming outside wif me, nonnie?"
nonnie: "because i need to get some things done in the house right now."
little boy: "why not?"
nonnie: "because i'm going to finish doing the dishes buddy."
little boy: "why not?"
nonnie: "i'll be outside in a little bit, okay?"
little boy: "why not?"
really...........i am thinking
WHY NOT?



9 comments:
what a CUTIE PIE he is!
gave me a smile this morning, I remember my children saying thing's almost like that, and too this day I will ask myself "Why Not" to something they might want to do. Thank you for the smile and rememberance of the sweetness of little children.
Hug's always
Annette
Otay! You know, this is exactly what "the life" is all about.
I loved your conversation. Too sweet and such a great memory.
Hugs for a great day, Phyllis who in her old age has gone blonde... glad you got to see me when I was young. Now I want to see you.
Most precious indeed.
Blessings~
So true...we all need to say "why not" much more often! :)
Thanks for the reminder...
ha ha ha...miss that little stinker.
What a wonderful reminder. I can just see his innocent little eyes while he says "why not". I think that is something we should all remember, why not!
I love this...I have tried over the years to be slow in responding with answers to give my brain time to process my initial reasons behind the WHY not and most usually I can think of no legitimate reason (unless it comes to safety) why things can't be set aside for the greater purpose of having quality time.
Precious moments like this are gone too fast...Kimberly, you make me anxious to be a "Nonnie", but in due time...
many hugs,
joni
Yeah! That's what I say when it comes to cleaning house or going outside!!
Post a Comment