i know i talked about her a couple of weeks ago....but she is finished....
and just wanted to share the love!
"Her name is "Love Squared."
She wears 180 two inch art squares.
She is just under 40" tall
and weighs 6 pounds and 2 ounces.
She smiles because already she knows love
and is able to give love unconditionally.
To many, she is a symbol of hope.
She stands for COURAGE and was built
by a community of givers.
She wears 180 two inch art squares.
She is just under 40" tall
and weighs 6 pounds and 2 ounces.
She smiles because already she knows love
and is able to give love unconditionally.
To many, she is a symbol of hope.
She stands for COURAGE and was built
by a community of givers.
our beloved doll is currently being wrapped,
carefully packed for her journey to Art Doll Quarterly™."
carefully packed for her journey to Art Doll Quarterly™."
she will then be auctioned on eBay, and proceeds will benefit
susan g. komen for the cure
monica made a dedication of this doll to several on her blog
and asked us to do the same....
and to
"live life beautifully"
there are several i would love to dedicate this effort to:
~jill, my cousin who is going through chemo for breast cancer
~deena, my blog friend, who is going throught chemo for stage 4 breast cancer
~kathy, a wonderful friend of Cassie's....who has just found out she has breast cancer
and since my involvement with this project was influenced greatly by my
involvement with the breast cancer 3-Day
i would also love to mention
my daughters and husband.....who always encourage me in new efforts
cory and jessamyn, who started our family on this susan g. komen journey
my dad for support
aunt vonda, for support and who is a breast cancer survivor
my sister-in-law, karen, who worked tirelessly to make sure we made our goals
and my dear brother, ken ,my walking partner in the 3-Day
and last, but not least,
my mother, juanita pearl
for being a cancer survivor
and being the inspiration for
i only wish she knew how far reaching her life has been







7 comments:
This brought tears to my eyes. I know how dear this cause is to your heart. I think the doll is amazing, to say the least. Each of you is such an inspiration to so many. I will be there cheering on your family during each and every 3 Day. You are a pillar of strength and inspiration. My prayers are with each of your loved ones courageously battling this demon.
what a precious and beautiful doll who holds so much love and tenderness. love thoughts sent to all of those you mentioned.
I love her! I see your patch momma and it is beautiful among so many others! What a talented woman.
Such a sweet post from a lovely lady. My love to you and all you've mentioned fighting to find a cure for this terrible illness.
Kimberly... please show us the patch that is yours. :) The doll is a wonderful work of art and love.
This lady is absouletly stunning, she's got such class, after all a wonderful group of ladies brought her about, such craftman ship, my mom is a breast cancer survior, when I studied the deatail of the "lady" I got all watery eyed knowing what she stands for! I agree with Phyllis your such a lovly lady with a wonderful heart, you can tell by your blog's and the way you think, how lucky I am to have you on my blog family...Hug's Annette
Absolutely fabulous and inspirational...love that "live life beautifully"...
are you walking the 3-day again this year? we do our own local Relay For Life 24 hour walk here, but I'm very intrigued by the
3-day event.
I don't think there is a family untouched by breast cancer in some way...I really like to get involved with these things either directly or indirectly so I just love the idea of this doll...we should come up with other ideas to keep the ball rolling or in the very least promote those we find out about...
I see your little square...and they're ALL so creative!
Have a great night...
Sis- What a beautiful doll with so many stories behind each and every stitch. Your mother was an amazing and kind hearted woman and is dearly missed. She would be so proud of what the girls started and you and Ken have continued and now Rachel has joined the team. Love to all of you!!
Post a Comment