Wednesday, April 16, 2008

PIYP

april is


and they have suggested that we all
celebrate the first national PIYP day
april 17th.......tomorrow!
or a psalm in your pocket
as talked about here


here were some of their suggestions:
~post pocket-sized verses in public places
~add a poem to your email footer
~post a poem on your blog or social networking page
~post a poem on a wall, inside or out
~text a poem to friends

poetry gives you permission to feel

~ james autry

9 comments:

Annette said...

I think I can try this....I like to read poetry, but never realy wrote, now you have me thinking already for something for Thursday. Have a great day!!
hug's alway's Annette

SweetAnnee said...

LOVE the new banner too
YUMMY

Jamie said...

Well, where's your poem? :)
What a great idea!!

Jamie said...

Oh, I see it's the 17th. :)

Joni said...

shall we all rise to the challenge of posting a poem tomorrow? Sounds like fun...I love poetry...to read it, write it, live it...now you have me thinking, I have many "favorite" poems...hmmm,...or does it have to be one of our own?

love your james autry quote today ~

have a beautiful day Kimberly ~
hugs,
Joni

kimberly said...

it can be whatever you want it to be, joni.....that will be the problem....choosing ONE! :)

Carol Dunton said...

What a great idea! I work with a great teacher who once had this saying on her classroom wall..and I have never forgotten it... 'Where in your life does poetry hide?'
: )
Kimber...just have to say thanks for you comments.... you're a dear heart and I promise to update this week. Loved the picture of your 5 girls...what darling spirits and gorgeous smiles! Made me smile!
VB

cassie said...

i think i WILL play along....it remeinds me of poetry month with my third graders. some of them were absolutely astounding. they would have me close to tears. i have always been moved by poetry.

put a poem in your pocket and a picture in your head, and you will never be lonely at night while you're in bed!

Phyllis Russell Franklin said...

Good idea. I've posted my poem on my Southern Views blog. It's a blog that I would like to post more to and think I'll start posting all my day by day posts there.