~christina baldwin
i have been thinking lately about writing.
how beautiful it is when words are written
and convey and express so vividly
emotion
pictures
smells
sounds
places
where we find ourselves nodding in understanding
shedding tears
laughing
feeling enlightened
motivated
several of my daughters journal....
several of my daughters journal....
and have for years
i guess many of us do in some way with blogging
but many times we feel vulnerable
when so many can access our thoughts
i think it's something i am going to step into and begin
i enjoyed these thoughts about healing effects of journaling
i enjoyed these thoughts about healing effects of journaling
"recording your thoughts and feelings, anxieties, successes, and future hopes can be reassuring. Even if you only write one or two sentences each day, it is worth it. So, select a special journal book to use, find or go buy a great pen that feels good in your hand, and start writing. Once you get started, you'll find that words you never allowed yourself to speak aloud will flow out of you onto the paper.
remember, you're not keeping a journal to share with others, though some women do turn their journals into books. Its main purpose is to give you a clear place to hold your thoughts, release your worries and fears, create hope within yourself, and see that you are making it through this journey. One day at a time."
special journals
created for special words

~more to come
enjoy the voyage, happy journaling



5 comments:
I love taking time to write in my journal. It helps balance me..keeps me focused. Happy journaling to you too.
Thank you for my beautiful journal. :) Sometimes it's hard to get started, but once you do...it's a wonderful way to "sort" things out. :)
Love you!
I have thought of doing this for a long time, instead I am the one who usually gives a journal and good pen to someone else, but I need too, Thanks for giving me something to think about for myself for a change. Lot's of hug's Annette
Kimberly... I always love your writings. I know your longhand journals are so special, thanks for showing them.
journaling is something that touches my heart and has become very important to me...I've discovered a great deal about myself by keeping one...I actually have several...but my most precious ones I began during pregnancy where I wrote thoughts and feeling about what I was experiencing and it turned into a journal for each child that I still write in, although not as frequently as I should. It has been an excellent way to keep track of what the kids are going through as well as how I relate to some of their issues. I also keep a "Mother's Journal" that is filled with advice in living...which will probably turn out to be more entertaining to them than anything, but that's ok...I also use to keep (and probably should still) a prayer journal in which I wrote out my prayers and this too has taught me how much I have grown and how God truly does answer prayer...I think you will fall in love with journaling once you start, it really does bring balance and awareness...and then be careful you'll find yourself wanting to write poetry...you should give that a try too, even if it's for your eyes only...:)
hugs to you ~
Joni
Post a Comment