we plan a family reunion here every year
our family, my brother's family, my dad and my aunt
and many many dogs!
it is about a five hour drive
and it rains every year we go
but we love it
we canoe, bike, walk,
dig trenches to keep the rain out of tents
put up tons of tarps to stay dry
everyone shares kitchen duty
sit around campfires
play games...sing...
chase children
hunt for worms and crawdads
and as joni said in her post this morning...
coffee never tasted soooooo goood
it is so wonderful to just get out
under the stars
smell clean air
get dirty
have greenery all around
and water......love the water
as our family gets bigger....and more babies
it does get harder to plan and for everyone to make it
but hopefully
we will continue our tradition
and pass it on!
thanks joni....for the reminder of this special place this new day!



7 comments:
ITS a GREAT day
going to jamie's blog next
Deena
This is one of my very favorite ways to spend time....it will be important to me to expose my children to this wonderful tradition ( I even wrote about it in our autobiography), so I HOPE it continues to happen! :)
Thanks mom!
Oh how wonderful. These are beautiful photos too. Thanks so much for posting them.
Hope you have a good weekend.
what a excellent way to spend family time, the mountains are so peaceful, and the beauty they hold is breath taking, every thing better when your camping, even a bolony sandwich on good ol' white bread!!!! hug's always Annette
your camping sounds a lot like our camping...I just love all that fresh air! I'm glad you decided to post today...Hawley Lake is every bit as beautiful as Pinecrest!
Have a good weekend ~
hugs,
Joni
Oh, I've spent several weeks at Hawley Lake... it's absolutely beautiful and such a memorable trip...I just love the drive in from off the highway. Glad you were all able to have such a great time together! : )
VB
i really do love that place!
Post a Comment