this is the public market in seattle, washington
we took the ferry from bainbridge, washington
and after docking in seattle, it is within walking distance
i loved the feel of this place
so many languages heard
delicious coffee
yummy clam chowder
beautiful displays of veggies
flowers to die for....
i would love to be able to walk there every morning for flowers!
one man bands
groups playing guitars and singing
and so much more
one of the reasons i wanted to visit the market
was because i was a trainer at a credit union here in arizona
"this philosophy is about the Seattle's world-famous Pike Place Fish Market.
What was captured and translated into film was that even in a workplace where fishmongers spent stinky, grueling 12-hour shifts stocking, selling and packing fish, remarkable results can occur when people accept the invitation to:
1) Be There for their coworkers and customers;
2) Play;
3) Make someone's day, and;
4) Choose their attitude about how they show up for work. "
it was a wonderful and fun philosophy to incorporate
and i loved being a part of its introduction to our company.


Starbucks opened its first store in 1971 in the Pike Place Market in downtown Seattle. Because the Market is a historic district with design guidelines, the store retains its original look.pikes place fish market .......famous for their fish throwing!

i loved the whole experience!
it is a place that captures and plays with all your senses!



9 comments:
Fabulous~
Thanks for all that you shared~
Blessings~
Wow! what a feast for the eyes and I agree with you, it would be wonderful to be able to get up each morning and take that walk for fresh flowers and coffee!
Hope you have an exceptional day today! Phyllis
I love these kind of places, and I bet your nose did play a game with you, all of the pictures where beautiful, I espicallt liked the pepper's that where hanging. Thanks for the great travel, I wonder where I'm off too next.
Hugs always, Annette
I adore Seattle! We had a global Starbucks conference there shortly before I left the company. Kurt joined me and we had a wonderful vacation. I too used the FISH philosophy and loved the meaning behind it. I was dorky enough to ask the guys to autograph their book for me. It is a wonderful keepsake I love to this day. Thanks for the memories of a great vacation! Enjoy your day.
I love this place too and I think I walked right by that same Starbucks and have a great picture of the single man musician playing there on the street. It's one of my favorite pictures. :) Jenny and I went up to visit Mark and he took us all over downtown Seattle ~ I felt like I had walked further than I had ever walked in my life!! :)
P.S. Kim, I so love the music you have playing with your blog this morning. Hug's Annette
What a neat place! I could sense the smells in each picture!
FINALLY making it by to visit...a busy day for me! I love love love the colors of the fresh produce and flowers. I've always had a "thing" for open-air markets anyway...the food always tastes fresher and most often the people who run them are so much more genuine...Seattle is a place I would like to visit...I don't know why really, but that's reason enough for me...coming from a person who would throw a dart and call that the vacation destination. Your FISH philosophy made me giggle, brought back a memory...I use to do payroll for a little variety store we had around here years ago Sprouse Reitz and when I called in the payroll my code word was FISH and I always felt so silly saying that...I mean, really who thinks up these code words anyway...even Mackeral would have been better...
enjoyed my visit today...hope you've enjoyed your day painting. jamie is lucky to have you...I dislike painting...very much.
:)
have a good evening ~
Joni
ah yes, Sprouse Reitz days...the fabric dept., the hamsters, and the smell of hot buttery popcorn all in the same building...miss those days of simplicity...and when my paycheck went primarily for calico prints and Red Heart yarn...sweet memories. I still have a paystub from those days...I was the highest paid employee other than the manager at $4.55 an hour! Fun times...I really miss the little "five and dime" stores...
Post a Comment