Tuesday, April 15, 2008

tuesday's treasures

A good snapshot stops a moment from running away.
~Eudora Welty

i love pictures
i have so many
that they are in photo albums, boxes and drawers


they take me to the very moment each one was captured
making it possible for me
to hear, see, taste, feel, and smell
that very moment in time
once again

some days i start looking for a certain picture
and end up spending hours
just enjoying
memories


i would use them all
as wallpaper
if i thought
i could!

7 comments:

Brittni said...

I'm so glad you have so many pictures so we can enjoy those moments also! I love looking through all the pictures from the past. We get a sense of what your life was like before we came into this world and when we were little munchkins crawling around!

Phyllis Russell Franklin said...

Love the image this morning Kimberly. I have boxes of photos too. When we get them out everyone seems to have a good time talking about the who, what, when and where of them all. Once I tried to label the boxes by years, but that didn't last long.

Annette said...

I love looking at my pictures, memories....and of course we take photo's of good time's to be reminded of the joy we felt at that time, I laugh, I cry, and I touch all them, some of them feel like they are talking to me. Thank you! Hug's always Annette

Joni said...

oh, Kim you sound just like me...I have photos EVERYWHERE. I've even made a future goal of getting them all organized into which photos should go with which kid, but for now they are all mine...your treasure today is priceless and does lead me to share some good news with you...my printer is going kapooey so we are going to purchase a printer/scanner so I will be able to share photos too...I'm pretty excited because I have just about shared all those I have on CD. Photos have a way of making us travel back in time...and for mothers, I think that's real important.
Love this treasure and the attention you paid to posting it in cute little stanzas ~

Have a nice evening...
smiles and hugs,
Joni

Daydreaming, tree hugging human named lindsey said...

you are so sweet and kind Kim. I sincerely miss you! Life is beautiful. I could easily say otherwise but I am SO thankful for everything. My life is so much more colorful than ever and I really really notice how beautiful those colors are. I hope all is well with you! I obviously understand this post. I agree. Pictures rule my life. Thank you for being so caring dear friend! :)

SweetAnnee said...

LOL, just like me..
I love to browse thru them and
they ALWAYS make me smile
and bring up fond memories!!

love...deena

Jamie said...

Why couldn't you wallpaper with your photos? :) At least copies of them! :)