Tuesday, April 22, 2008

tuesday's treasure

our mother earth


"There is hope if people will begin to awaken that spiritual part of themselves, that heartfelt knowledge that we are caretakers of this planet." ~Brooke Medicine Eagle


think.feel.act.change

there are limitless links and articles i could refer to ...... but the simpleness of it is

i need to be a much better caretaker

The earth is what we all have in common. ~Wendell Berry

11 comments:

Joni said...

Our mother earth truly is something we should treasure more and try to take better care of. I've wanted to do a "Living Green" post for some time, but now I feel more inspired to do so...it fascinates me how we are all interconnected is some way, either through thought or action...how one thing can have influence over another and what a good cause to reach out and inspire, make aware, join efforts...
we all need to be better caretakers, and not just in thought, but in practice...this will be on my heart today..."how can I make a difference?"

Enjoy Earth Day and the thought renewal it inspires ~
many hugs,
Joni

cassie said...

happy earth, happy earth day.

Jamie said...

I have been reading "Healthy Child Healthy World" and have been enlightened to some small steps I can further take to help make a difference. :) Happy earth day to you too!

Annette said...

I love the words from Brooke Medicine Eagle, thats all thats on the t.v. this morning, we should have all been doing something along time ago to help our earth. but it's nice to be reminded. Hope your day is an excellent one. Hug's always Annette

Vonda said...

I just wish the "Powers that be" would make up their minds about plastic!! A few years ago it was harmful to our landfills and to our bodies! Then suddenly it was no longer an issue and we were forced to bag everything that went in the dumpster and who cared about our bodies?? Now it's an issue again. Yesterday I got 5 cents off my groceries for using a non plastic bag!

I just get a little ticked off! So happy earth day!

kimberly said...

i guess that is part of it....all of us need to get "ticked off" :) so you are doing your part vonda jean! :)

Phyllis Russell Franklin said...

Wonderful post Kimberly. I try to be green as often as I can, but admit I don't do as well as I should. I do compost and feel really good about that.

Y'all have a good evening! Phyllis

Vonda said...

And another thing...somewhere in the early '80's our city said something had to be done about all the pollution caused from so many vehicles on the road and encouraged riding the bus and car pooling. My company offered susidized bus fare and vans for car pooling. That went on for a while and then it all went away!

Still ticked!! But I promise no more tirades!

kimberly said...

we actually got paid to vanpool when i worked for desert schools federal credit union....and i think they still do that....and bryan takes the bus most days....with as many people as live here...you'd think they would still be creating programs like that! rant on....:)

SweetAnnee said...

The Earth and every teeny tiny thing on it..is OUR gift from God..I love it EACH and EVERY day..I wash always in cold water (NOT ME just the laundry) and change all our light bulbs to the "new" ones..
love ya my friend..
deena

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.