
i said the hardest part of this would be to pick just one
i have a lot of poems that stir my soul
but this is the one
that i named my blog after
so i figured it would be appropriate to share
so i figured it would be appropriate to share
i found it on a card
in cannon beach, oregon
at least five years ago
so....i offer this poem
Walk the Beach
...To find a treasure
To exercise the limbs, to soothe the soul.
To praise God and to admire His handiwork.
To marvel at the birds that play against the sky and clouds.
To watch the waves
As they dance their way over and around the rocks.
To feel the sun and the wind pressed against my face
and to run from the foam grasping for my feet.
To think…..to reflect.
To see a million years of conflict
And realize that life is as simple as….
“THE LAND AND THE SEA”.
To walk hand in hand with nature
and draw upon its energy….
which is never-ending and as constant as the stars.
And no matter how far apart my visits might measure…..
I am always free to renew an old acquaintance with myself.
~unknown
that is the poem in my "pocket"
hope you enjoy your day of poetry!
some of those participating so far:


10 comments:
I loved it, it was like I was there with you, I love the ocean and it's endless beauty, so comforting, and calming, it's truley one of God's greatest creations! Hug's Annette
I LOVE this poem mom. As I read it I can actually "be" at the beach listening to the ocean and feeling that sense of "there's no where on earth I'd rather be" feeling that I get each time I step foot on the sand. I think I could even feel the breeze in my hair. :)
Thanks for the little "get-a-way".
Beautiful poem. It reminds me of my summers on Cape Cod as a kid. Good memories this morning. Also, thanks for your thoughts and prayers for today. They comfort me!
I put a poem in my pocket... And there it sat...Because I forgot it...I am now an old woman...And I wear purple... And nobody expects me to remember! Or know how to write a poem!
Wonderful poem and so YOU.
Yes, the poem is so you! I can't wait until I can feel the sand and the cool water on my feet! Love you.
I love this poem, or maybe it's all those feelings I get when I read it...there's nothing that can replace being on the beach...the sights, the smells, the cold foam that gathers around the ankles...that feeling of being alive...what a great poem to have for a "mascot" to your blog.
this was such a fun idea Kimberly...there should be a "poem in your pocket" more often, maybe we'll have to take matters into our own hands...
I'm off to visit others who have posted...have a nice evening ~
Joni
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!! I love the new photo on the header!!! AWESOME!! : )
LOVE the very last line...how perfectly beautiful to catch up with yourself!
by the way...auntie vonda, I LOVE YOUR POEM! it made me smile and laugh.
me too vonda jean! :)
Post a Comment