Thursday, May 1, 2008

love thursday


I made my comittment to walk the 2008 Arizona 3-Day tuesday, april 29th.
I have known for about a month that I was most likely going to walk.....
but when Bryan came home from work that day,
I said.....I need to comit....today!
April 29th is a significant day for me.
My husband Bryan had prostate cancer surgery 3 years ago on this day...
April 29, 2005 and is doing wonderful
and this year on April 29th,
my daughter Cassie's dear friend, Cathy had a double mastectomy.
So, it was meaningful for me to make this my day of comittment.


I started blogging last year, and met Deena
who is going through chemotherapy for Stage 4 invasive lobular carcinoma.
Her blog is to share with others her journey.
And also this year, our cousin Jill had surgery
and is going through chemotherapy for Breast Cancer.


In 2008, I will walk once again inspired by the memory of our Mother, Juanita Pearl.....
for my daughters and grandchildren,
for the women and men in our family.....
and for those women fighting this disease.


My brother Kenneth, and his daughter Rachel are also walking
and have already begun training.
I believe they are up to 9 or 10 miles now.....
so I need to get these heel spur free feet moving......and start training for my comittment!

i will be once again need to raise $2200.00
to be able to participate.
so if anyone is a fundraising genious....or just a great one
please feel free to email me your ideas or to leave them in your comments
we do a lot of fundraising each year
but it is always nice to have new ideas
to access my website....
just click the button below


7 comments:

Debbie said...

Why am I not surprised you are doing this again. You have such an inspirational story and family. We will be there cheering you on and helping out anyway that we can. You really are an inspiring woman who supports so many through your actions. Hope your feet continue to feel good throughout your training!

Annette said...

You are just an awesome person, there is no other like you, kind, gentle, loving, caring, beautiful, just so full of all these and so many more, you truley are remarkable Kim, and thats why you have such a huge fan club. love always, Annette

kimberly said...

that is waaay too complimentary, annette!....but thank you!....i am very blessed in this life...and am so thankful for my blessings...which include you!
love,
me!

jessamyn said...

way to go mama! i hope that your spurs will be very gentle and understanding with you. there are many reasons to walk and to support this cause. i will happily be one of your many encouragers along the way.

Joni said...

I wish I could come walk it with you! I've so wanted to do this for some time...I'm so proud of you! I will definitely donate to this very worthy cause and I will advertise it too!

many hugs to you my friend ~
Joni

Jamie said...

Joni ~ You CAN come walk with her! :) Please?? :)
Mom, you amaze me and worry me at the same time. I want to do this with you and was thinking maybe this year would be the one, but not sure where I will be at that point in my life with all that is going on. One of my sisters told me there is no way I'd be able to leave a newborn for two nights!! :) I'm proud of you mom and am glad you have found something that means so much to you!

Joni said...

Jamie, how I would LOVE to walk with your mom during the 3-day, but I am so overwhelmingly consumed with school and still will be in November. I am so proud of your mom for doing this and I feel honored just to be able to support her...I think we may have plans for a future walk, but for now I will have to settle for just being with her in spirit...
thank you for the invitation though, it means a lot to me that you would want me to acompany your mom...she's so sweet...do make sure everyone is there will bells and whistles to cheer her on!

hugs,
Joni