the canyon trail is a nationally recognized trail system that leads hikers along the banks of the north and south forks of silver creek.
it takes you to 10 majestic waterfalls, ranging from the grand south falls (177 feet), to the delicate drake falls (27 feet).
four of these falls have an amphitheater-like surrounding where you can walk behind the falls and feel the misty, crisp spray.
The canyon trail and the falls descend to a forest floor covered with ferns, mosses, and wildflowers.
it is a gorgeous rain forest, and i vividly remember the awe i felt hiking to the falls
absolutely beautiful!







8 comments:
Wonderful! Sounds like my kinda place. Thanks for the visit.
Hugs to you and your little ones, Phyllis
This is my kind of place too and oh what I wouldn't do to be there right now...and not just for sanity's sake, the mist from those water falls would feel wonderful, I'll try to think about that when it gets in the 100's today (again).
have a sweet, sunshiney day!
Joni
:)
what a pretty place...I stood behind a waterfall once in Yosmite and it was the neatest feeling and sound, sounds great to me know being so hot here, it got hot just over night, even San Fransico is hot as well. Have a great night dear friend and Thank you for the journey....hug's & lot's of'em
Annette
Beautiful pictures! Looks like a lovely place to visit.
Thinking of you tonight..
Love Nita
This is one of my favorite places and I've only been there once. :) It's just so beautiful and peaceful...I need to go back! :)
So very beautiful indeed.
Love all that you share with us.
Love Jeanne ^j^
How beautiful, peaceful and tranquil.... doesn't Nature just give us the greatest gifts?? I have been sending prayers for little Forrest... and keeping all in my puppy thoughts. Thanks for the beautiful reminders of how pretty the world is! : )
VB
Wow! This is beautiful. I have always wanted to visit Oregon. I hear it is a beautiful state and this proves it. I love waterfalls and would love to hike this trail.
Thanks for stopping by my Writing Nook. So glad we are getting better acquainted.
Blessings,
Mary
Post a Comment