
listening to the thunder
feeling the cool breeze
sipping hot tea
reading this book
written by my favorite author
.......and i feel nourished
a few of joan's thoughts:
~embrace change--knowing that life is always being reconfigured
~befriend the person you are striving to become
~welcome new paths. enjoy the detours
~strive to go deeper rather than just forward
~know that most unnecessary demands come from the unfinished parts of self
~beware of speed. it is often one's undoing
~wholehearted is the way. halfhearted will kill you
~harness your evolvement
~let go of what is outlived to make room for the unlived
"i am as unfinished as the shoreline along the beach,meant to transcend myself again and again."~joan anderson
"i am as unfinished as the shoreline along the beach,meant to transcend myself again and again."~joan anderson


5 comments:
what beautiful words to read this morning, a great way to start my day......I envey you....you had thunder yesterday, I so love weather like that, while you where sipping hot tea, I'm drinking Ice tea, I need to find a good book to read, for these hot days fast approaching us. Thanks for the nourishment this morning!! Hug's always Annette
Love these words, oh they are so refreshing from what I've been reading...I could immerse myself whole-heartedly in that book...I especially like the last line -
"Let go of what is outlived to make room for the unlived"...
Love the image of the back porch, thunder and tea ~ It's getting really hot here, I think it's suppose to reach 100 degrees today and soon you'll be the same, so enjoy those breezy days!
enjoy reading!
wishing you much love to your day~
Joni
Sounds like a great book to read..........
How fabulous
I enjoy cups of tea and good books too as I posted on my journal as well.
Much love and many blessings.
Enjoy your day in every way~
Love Jeanne
Looks like a wonderful read mom. :) I might have to borrow her books from you some day. :)
Love you!
I can't believe you had thunder at your house! What a beautiful day that was, wasn't it?? Ahhh...now... onto 100+ degrees!
that sounds so nice! a nice cup o' tea and a book that speaks to your heart...all amidst a thundering breeze. very lovely indeed!
Post a Comment