Wednesday, May 7, 2008

wellness wednesday

may is national bike month
and the league of american bicyclists
is promoting bike-to-work week from may 12-16
and
bike-to-work day on Friday, May 16.

we go and have coffee every once in a while
to a cute little shop several miles from home
and every time we go
there are the neatest bicycles
parked outside the shop.......
they make me wish i had ridden one there too!

so..... this is the bicycle that i am yearning for:
isn't it sweet?

it is the orvis retro schwinn classic cruiser bike

this article talks about these "new" cruiser bikes saying "we baby boomers yearn for a simpler life and perhaps simpler ways of getting exercise.

we like the “no special equipment needed”, just jump on and go, idea real well. if you are not going off road much and don’t care so much about speed, check out the many different Cruiser Bikes out there today. think back to your youth as the wind rushes through your hair and those trees and cars whiz by."


i'd love to cruise to my little coffee shop on one of these and burn some calories at the same time: enough to make up for that coffee and homemade pastry i'm going to have!

(only drawback.....for the price of this bicycle.....it should pedal itself)

9 comments:

Simplicity Wins said...

I LOVE IT!!!! How fun is that? I totally want one too. I have seen them around and always thought they were so neat looking. I hope you get one.

cassie said...

so, so, so, so CUTE! i want one too! all it needs is a basket on the front to put your fresh flowers in. :)

Annette said...

I want one of those too, there's a bike store in one of shopping centers and it's pink and white and a percentage of the cost goes to breast cancer awareness and I always tell Larry, one day I'm going to get that cruiser, your right, the cost of it should peddle its self, but I just love it! Hug's & Love Annette

Joni said...

What a cute bike. I can see you pedaling to your little coffee shop on this. There's something nostalgic about some of the designs that are surfacing...must be that everyone would like to return to that simpler life.

Have fun daydreaming about this beauty!( I hope you get one too).
hugs,
Joni

Anonymous said...

I've got a dark blue bike that I should hop on and ride, but I've been seeing these cute pink ones in Blogland that are really nifty looking. Put a basket on that thing and let's ride around like Angela Landsbury...teehee!!

Jeanne said...

Oh that bike is amazing.
I would love one in pink~
Ooooh La La~
petal pushers
on a bike~
Spring and summer=Bliss
and divine days spent sharing
love with those we adore~

Vonda said...

Biking takes me to my youth. I always had skinned knees from wiping out on the dirt and gravel road we lived on! I never had one...but the Scwinn was the bike to have. I often yearn to ride a bike today but fear I would get run over by all the traffic.

jessamyn said...

i want a cruiser sooooo bad!

KR said...

Hi, I love your blog, so introspective, inspirational and nature-oriented. I also love to ride bicycle. Who says one cannot enjoy childhood delights after any certain age??? KRC