

this is my mother's Bible
its worn pages
remind me that
daily
i would find my mother
at the kitchen table
drinking tea
eating toast and jam
and reading this Bible
nothing interfered.
a very sweet image
and example
left by her
.......an unfinished journey
14 comments:
Mom, as soon as the picture came up I thought to myself "oh, that's Grandma's bible" and the image that came to mind immediately after was her sitting at her kitchen table reading it. :) Thanks for the memory reminder this morning. Love you!
What a sweet memory and image of your mother. It is wonderful that you have that Bible to connect with her. Thanks for sharing this morning!
oh that sweet little woman sure left us with some powerful emotions and memories. thanks for filling me up with her love this morning.
How precious indeed.
I love all that you share.
God bless you all real good.
Love Jeanne
I wanted to say "Hey, how did you get my Bible??"
I mark mine up in this way.
I love Bible heirlooms like this!
What a blessing!♥
There is nothing better in this world than a Mother who knows the Lord. I can remember my grandmother in her lazy-boy asleep with the Bible laid across her soft chest, the same chest I found so much comfort in. My eyes filled with tears when I saw your Mother's Bible. What a blessing... thank you so much for posting this.
AWESOME
your mom
set a wonderful
foundation for ALL of
us to follow~~
lovingly
Deena
AWESOME
your mom
set a wonderful
foundation for ALL of
us to follow~~
lovingly
Deena
nothing better than a sweet heart-warming memory of someone we love to make the things that belonged to them very, very precious...your mom was a wonderful role model to share her mornings with the Lord...and I bet it is very sentimental to turn the pages knowing you are touching what she touched...moms are sweet and I thank you for sharing a part of your mom with us...I'm curious if she had a favorite jam to put on her toast? (My mom's favorite is apricot-pineapple)
wishing you tender moments filled with love today ~
well...just realized the day is shot! Have a good evening!
thats so neat, my mom has my grandmother's bible, isnt a sweet feeling to touch something that their very own hands touched, and their eyes read as well, and now your hand's and eyes are doing the same? Mom's are the greatest people on this earth, next to our children, I think....Thanks for sharing.....I love the writting and highlighted area's on the pages, my grandma use to do that, I remember her licking the pencil before she wrote, I never understood why, and still dont.
I hope you have a EXCELLENT day dear friend..........
Hug's always
Annette
You are very lucky to have that memory. I remember my Mom reading the Bible once in my whole life.
She was raised a Christian but I never saw her read the Bible.
I love your pictures.
I collect seashells and sea glass.
Sending you love, Nita
I just found your blog, and it's beautiful! I love all the pictures, especially the seashells...and your mother's Bible...what a treasure!
What an amazing memoroy and treasure to have. Thanks for sharing it with us.
That was the first thing I thought when I saw the picture.And when she was working in the kitchen, she was whistling hymns.
Post a Comment