Sunday, May 18, 2008

sweet sunday ride



the diamondback della cruz....art in motion

my husband got this sweet, sweet cruiser for me yesterday
for a mother's day gift
doesn't she look like she should live at the beach?
well, to celebrate
we rode to
and
this morning and met
some of the girls and grandbabies
and had a wonderful breakfast!
with a few detours thrown in
we figure we rode 19 miles this morning
i love how she rides
and i look forward to doing a lot of cruising with her
and hopefully some of that will be where i can smell the ocean
and feel the sea breeze.....
but for now.....
della cruz and i are happy to cruise around here!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm having sever bike envy here!!!

Love that blue color and the basket...I really need a basket like that on mine!

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!♥

Mary said...

I absolutely LOVE your bike. I have looked for a bike that doesn't have gears and all the fancy stuff. I just want a good old fashioned bike. Very hard to find here. Thanks so much for sharing this beauty.

Blessings,
Mary

Brittni said...

Wow! I think I am in love!!! She is a cutie. Who wouldn't want to ride nineteen miles on her. Im glad you got your dream bike. It looks like something I would want to ride one day. Hope she gives you many happy dreamy journeys.

Trish said...

What an amazing day! Sounds like a page from a tour book. Love it! Enjoyed the little venture into your blog. Thanks.

cassie said...

OH MY GOSH THAT BIKE IS SOOOOO CUTE!!!!!!! i am glad that you have your cruzer (what a sweet man you have as a hubby)...can i take her on a test ride someday???

Joni said...

Oh, she's a beauty for sure...I'm so glad your hubby spoiled you, I know you really wanted that bike, but don't think that is going to get you out of any walking missy!

I'm taking a sanity break from homework, but I think it might be too late...

:)

Jeanne said...

Such a lovely bike indeed.
I love to hear of your days spent in bliss.
Love Jeanne

Jamie said...

Love it!! It's so cute mom! :)
When you ride it you even FEEL like you've stepped back a few years! It took me a minute to remember where the brakes are on a bike like that! :)
Congratulations!!!

Debbie said...

What a perfect bike for you! I know the two of you will have a beautiful relationship for many years! Glad you had a good first day with her :)

Mandy said...

What a SWEET husband!! you got your dream bike. YEAH!! It's very CUTE. Now you need to keep us posted on the FUN journerys you go on.:)
Mandy

Annette said...

I am so darn happy for you sweet friend....I remember you saying you wanted her, she's simpley marvouls! you'll have to get some one to take a picture of the 2 of you together and post it, I love it! I love the art work and color, have agreat time "cruising with della cruz" Love ya Annette

Annette said...

p.s. I looked at the pictures of the coffe shop, what a neat little place, then I cuzed over Joe's Farm Grill another neat little place, my kind of place.
love always Annette

Phyllis Russell Franklin said...

Well, congratulations! So glad you got a new bike for Mother's day. Lucky you.

Hugs, Phyllis

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

I love the bike! My Mom use to have one like this painted in two different shades of blue.
Sending you love, Nita

P.s Thank you so much for always being there to write words from your heart..You don't know how much it means to me.

Simplicity Wins said...

OMG, I can't beleive you really got it! Thant is so wonderful, I am so happy for you. Your new bike is wonderful, but your husband is the real treasure. You are amazing people and I am so happy you found each other to spend yoru lives with. You have an amazing family Kim, I am grateful to have been touched by each of them.