this was always filled with nuts
and resided in our kitchen
as far as my memory serves me
the metal pieces are a nutcracker
and some little "picks"
to get those stubborn pieces out
of the shell.
i'm not sure where it came from
i just remember it was great fun to use
and a definite memory from my past
of standing in the kitchen around this bowl of nuts
waiting for my turn to use the nut-cracker
i love its unique design
so when Dad put it in some "stuff"
for our 3-Day garage sale last year,
i quickly rescued it.
i haven't used it .....but maybe i need to start
so it can
continue being useful....and make new memories
for others




9 comments:
My grandparents had one just like that!
I have the same sort of memories!!☺
Yes, mom...I would like to make some nice memories with this nutcracker. :) I've never seen it before!
Wonderful treasure to enjoy for a long time and then pass on. Glad you rescued it. :)
this brings back some memories for me too! they just don't make stuff like this anymore, good to keep it and let the kids/grandbabies experience it too....conversation over cracking nuts just has a way of slowing time down...something we all need from time to time.
enjoyed your treasure today!
hugs,
joni
This is so neat! When I was growing up our house was filled with nuts too! LoL
Really, we always had a bowl of nuts starting at Thanksgiving and Mom kept it full until after Christmas.
Thank you for all the encouraging words you have left me Kimberly. They have helped me so much. I got your card today. And the little one for Dad. He really liked it. And I loved my card you sent me. It came on a day I needed it.
Sending you love, Nita
I remember my beloved Mother had one like that~
I love to see all that you share.
Love Jeanne
Good save! I am happy you didn't sell it in your garage sale. I seem to remember one similar from my grandparents house.
my parents had one just like that and I always thought it was neat, I'd take the nut cracker and pixks to crab and japeno feed's that the portuguese people have. I wonder what Mom did with theirs? Love, hug's and thoughts Annette
i've never seen this before! yes, you should fill it up so we can all enjoy it!:)
Post a Comment