Wednesday, March 12, 2008

wellness wednesday

i found out recently,
that for the first time ever....my cholesterol is slightly elevated
very surprising to me....

while training for the 3-Day the past two years, we walked and walked and walked
however, since november, i really haven't exercised much with this heal spur

so.......i sat down to research a little bit and found out that
after 50, as natural estrogen levels decrease......
it is very common for cholesterol levels to increase.
and while that seems to be the consensus of a sudden rise
there are things that i can and will be doing
including, inviting a certain man to share breakfast with me each morning



who said life after 50 is no fun?

12 comments:

Jamie said...

Mom, I'm glad to hear that you are taking this seriously and are finding the reasons that your body chemistry may be changing. I think that's a great habit to be into and I'm thankful that you're taking the time and energy to focus on something about YOU! :)
And this is one man I don't think dad will mind if you share your breakfast table with!

Joni said...

Y'know I too recently found out my cholesterol was a little higher than it should be and it surprised me too! So I feel like your post is a gentle nudge to become proactive with the changes I need to make. I think I eat fairly healthy, but I know I need to get more exercise and maybe starting out with the Quaker man isn't such a bad idea...because things aren't going to happen by themselves. Thanks for nudge Kim...

jessamyn said...

and, it's just an added bonus that he is sooooo dreamy!

Annette said...

This man does make a great breakfast with brown sugar, and a good "grainy" piece of toast to dip with, and I'd enjoy sharing breakfast with him, after all he dosent want a conversation. =) Annette

Cory said...

Brody would LOVE to join you for breakfast mom! He just likes a little bit of cinnamen (sp?) apples added to his :) Love you!!!!

Debbie said...

Glad you are taking the time for you, as Jamie said. My mom just found out the same thing. I hope there is enough of this wonderful man to go around! :)

Brittni said...

Good for you mom! Way to take charge! To Wanda!!!!!

Carol Dunton said...

This is so true, Nonnie! I found out that mine was elevated this past December. I'm 51 and now on medication to bring it down, but I also am watching what I eat (although, I never really ate a lot of things containing high amounts of cholesterol) and yes! oatmeal is a definite part of it!
Let's make a pledge to support all of us gals who need to keep an eye on this that we are going to make some good changes in our levels! : )
VB

yusufyusuf said...

Nice blog.....
www.yusufyusuf85.blogspot.com

Phyllis Russell Franklin said...

WEll!!! All I can say is that this man certainly gets around! Is he having breakfast with each of you every day? He's with me most days... so I was just wondering with the time zone difference and all. :) He must be kin to Santa and have reindeer and all.

Anonymous said...

Kim, I have never ever liked oatmeal. At a time when my cholesterol was 193 I read an article about Quaker Oat Bran being the best way to reduce your cholesterol level. So I started eating Quaker Oat Bran every morning and I can honestly say I loved it. It reduced my cholesterol level 30 points in a very short time. Dad

Vonda said...

Yeah, me and the Quaker Boy shared many breakfasts. But I got a little bored with him, so I threw caution to the wind, and now I share breakfast with all kinds of undesireables. The doc says I'm not too tainted!!