Happy St. Patrick's Day
i didn't really know all the history behind this holiday, so i started readingand it was very interesting!
i also found out that every year, chicago turns its'
river emerald green

and arizona's "largest continuously flowing fountain in the world"
will be dancing 560 feet into the air
wearing green also
twice during the day, for the celebration

and that is where a few of us will be today...wearing green, no doubt,taking the kids on rides, and enjoying the outdoors.

so i will leave you with a couple Irish Blessings, i enjoyed:
"May you never forget what is worth remembering,
Or remember what is best forgotten."
and
"May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields.
And until we meet again, may God hold you in the hollow of his hand."


8 comments:
Top o the mornin to you!!
deena
Happy St. Patty's day! :) That last blessing has always been a favorite of mine.
I wish I could go with you all today...instead I'm at work :(. Hope you have a wonderful time!
May the luck 'o the Irish be part of your day ~
have fun ~
Joni
Enjoy your green day! I used to love seeing the Green Chicago river, what a sight! Happy St. Patrick's Day!
I think I'll paint my fingernails green today just to do something silly.
Thanks for your sweet message on my blog.
Wishing you Irish blessings too.
Phyllis
I liked this post. It is so neat. I love that Irish blessing. xoxo Nita
Kim, A few years ago I bought a St. Patricks's Day Flag. It encompasses a beautiful painting by Thomas Kinkade. I didn't so much buy it for St. Patricks's Day but March 17 is the anniversay of your Mom's funeral and I like to hang the flag on my front porch each year to remind me of her. As you well know it has been 11 years now. March has a lot of memories for me. My Grandma Lindley (your great grandma) will have her 123rd. birthday on March 30. She was born in Montague County, Texas on March 30, 1885 and died in Phoenix on Sept. 9, 1957
My cousin Gilbert Eugene Lindley was born March 13 (on my Mom's birhday) in 1930. He turned 78 and I called him at his home in Henderson, Nevada and got caught up on him and all his family and they are all doing well.
So March has a lot of memories for me. Love, Dad
Happy St.Patrick's day to ya!
Post a Comment