
our second oldest daughter, Cassie, wrote and framed this for us
quite a few years ago.....for our anniversary
i loved it then....and i love it now ♥
to love each other. You have given us many memories to
cherish that have stemmed from your love for each other.
Of these memories, your singing is one of the best. I can
remember listening to you from my bedroom and just
feeling so secure in those moments. I always look forward
to coming home and listening to you sing together. It is
more than the music, it is the feeling that stirs when your
voices blend together....it is memories.
I remember you getting out the guitar case, Dad,
and start strumming to make sure that it was in tune. It
usually needed a little adjustment so you would let us blow
on the little harmonica to help you find the right pitch-
although sometimes we got carried away with our own
little songs. Then you would get out the old papers with
songs written on them and you would start to find the
chords with your careful hands.
You still go through this ritual (minus the harmonica) while Mom finishes "cleaning up."
When you finish, Mom, you still find a seat right next to Dad. You
sit close together and wait for the music to tell you what to do.
The air soon fills with the familiar music and your perfectly harmonized voices -
either singing an upbeat "Samson" or a slow, sad
"Weep for Jamie." I love to watch and listen to you.
It is like your voices - like you- fit together perfectly. You know the rise and the lows of each other's voices. Sometimes you look and smile at each other-
perhaps remembering a shared secret or times gone by.
Your love for each other is visible through the music
that you make together. For that music I will forever be
grateful. Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad, your love for each other has given each of your children something to sing about. ♥
thank you, again, cassie


8 comments:
love the music to your blog, and what a beautiful daughter you have given the world, I love to know that true love still does exist, thats the one of the many thing's God has given in his name, I can remember my mom and Dad sitting at the table drinking coffee and talking and the feeling I got knowing they cared about each other's feelings over that cup of coffee they had every morning together, I hope my children can remember something about Larry and I like your daughter has the 2 of you. Have a sweet day...Annette
That brought tears to my eyes, I can only imagine how you felt when Cassie first gave it to you. What an amazing gift you have given yourselves and your children, a truly love filled marriage. Amazing treasure, both the framed poem and the marriage!
yes, she captured the gift of your singing pefectly and beautifully! you do remember that one of my birthday wishes for this year is to get out the guitar and have a sing-a-long, yes???
Yes, Cassie did sketch a perfect picture with her words. I loved these days also! Mom and Pops magic. Love you.
Oh! I just had to tell you how beautiful your blog is today...the music choice of the Celtic Women..the gorgeous pictures of everything beautiful and dear! Just so pretty... indeed!
What a wonderful and thoughtful daughter. That is more important than anything isn't it? Having our kids love us.
Thinking of you today. xoxo Nita
This is one of my most special memories also...I wrote about it in my autobiography for JOH. :) Too bad it doesn't happen nearly as often anymore...(hint, hint)
Great job Cassie :) I look that this often when I'm over at mom and dad's...it always makes me smile.
what a sweet, sweet gift...appreciation of a parent's love and music. I can't think of a better combination. Kids always know the way to our hearts don't they? I'll take a sweet sentimental gift like this over any thing that can be purchased anyday. Cassie you're a sweet girl ;)
happy tuesday to you and yours ~
Joni
Post a Comment