"The beauty of the world is highlighted in Alaska.
It is truly a magnificent picture of the stroke of God's brush.
In every part of the world you can find traces of Alaska,
for Alaska is God's creation and it takes the rest of planet earth to hold it." ~unknown
in 2006 we went on our very first cruise
and we went to alaska
it was breathtaking and pictures don't do it justice
juneau (the little area most visited by the cruiseline guests)
mendenhall glacier
it had just calved (sp) right before we got there, thus the deep aqua colored area

skagway

after leaving hubbard glacier on our way to kethcikan
hubbard glacier.....we were unable to get any closer because of the amount of ice covering the waterway in......some days they are able to get very close
ketchikan (above and below)
it was an amazing trip.....scenery that took your breath away,
around every little bend.....something more beautiful awaited
the only thing i would do differently, is to go back and actually spend the night and a few days
in the places that touched my heart most......juneau and ketchican......and get know it more personally


+of+treasures+075.jpg)


9 comments:
Wow, amazingly beautiful! Alaska is somewhere I have always wanted to go. This is just more motivation! Thanks for sharing.
Beautiful! Thanks so much for the virtual tour this morning.
I've never been to Alaska but would love to. Your photographs are an inspiration for sure.
Hope you have a great day today!
It looks AMAZING mama! Pure beauty.
Why am I always crying these days..."beauty" is just touching my heart in many different ways. Thanks for sharing mom. I think I'm just thankful that you and dad have gotten to see some of the world that you've always wanted to. That's important and I'm glad you find ways of doing that amongst all of the other things you do. :)
Love the pictures and would love to go there! I like that TV show "Men in Trees" because the setting is in Alaska. I love that rustic feel and beautiful scenery.
It's so gergous there, I need to go, my mom and step dad have been there and mom says its very peaceful and just simply put"a must see place to visit" Love Nettie
Beautiful pictures...breathtaking!
I too would love to go there. I've never been on a cruise, but I think this would be the one to go on. I might have to add it to my "Free To Be" list after the kids are gone :)
Have a wonderful Friday!
Joni
I loved all these shots. Thanks fo much for sharing this.
My hubby Rich went to Alaska with his dad
in 1987 for 6 weeks.. Took some time to get there and back.
Rich loved it..they took
their time and explored.
I wonder if I would like it?? May be too rugged for me..
Stop by my blog..something there for YOU!!
deena
Post a Comment