
she was actually his dad's step-mother, as his dad's mother died during birth with him.
i had this stored in cupboards for many years, but while "simplifying" one day, decided to bring it out.
it now holds boquets from some of the girls' weddings......i shine it up a little every once in a while, but i kind of like the aged appearance it has on its own.....more in keeping with its story.
she was already in her 70's when i first met her, (some 37 years ago) and pretty hard of hearing......so our conversations weren't always very long....
but she would smile a little half smile, raise her cup and say
"Gooood Coffee"!


10 comments:
Love the coffee urn Kimberly! I'm glad you pulled it out and found a way to meld your family memories. This is truly a treasure to hold dear.
Hope you have a great sunshine day today.
I guess I didn't know the story of dad's grandma. I probably see this urn every time I come over and didn't know the beauty within. "Good Coffee " sounds like what a grandma Turgesen might say.
That is one cool urn! I bet some goood coffee came out of it.
Vee
i didn't know the story behind this urn either! but, i like invisioning her raising her cup and saying "goooood coffee". a norweigan down to the core!:)
my word you are a great blogger!! You always have new wonderful stories & beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing:)
Mandy
There's nothing better than goood coffee...except maybe the urn it was prepared in! :)
thanks to "tuesday's treasures" I get to know the history behind the treasures I see all the time but don't know anything about :) Thanks momma
What a lovely way to bring out pieces of the past and make a home for them. You don't see coffee urns like this anymore!
Hope your day has been a good one ~
Joni
How wonderful is this?? I love that you have found a great new appreciation for the beautiful urn! Simply lovely! I also thought your post from the day before was so true...and a good thing to be reminded of from time to time. You always make me smile!
Blessings this week!
VB
how neat to have something like that and be able to put to use, what a cool idea! Love Annette
Post a Comment