i was thinking the other day about the places i have been
.....and trying to capture them in my mind......
and i had an idea......
how about
far away fridays?
we can post a picture of a place we have visited and tell a little about it....
the place doesn't actually need to be "far away",
the place doesn't actually need to be "far away",
it can be down the road a bit.... or across the street
(because we don't live where you live
and don't know your favorite places or dreams)
the idea would be to share somewhere we have been (or want to go)
and our thoughts about it.....
it would give us a chance to learn about places
we might never have known about otherwise.
just a "do it when you feel like it" kind of thing
not an "every friday" kind of thing :)
+of+treasures+075.jpg)
""far away places with strange sounding names,
far away over the sea.........
far away places, with strange sounding names
are calling, calling me"


12 comments:
Sounds fun, I am game! Maybe I will find a hidden treasured place to go on vacation to!
I'd love to play. Don't have many far away places I've been to personally, but maybe I can find some photos in the public domain to use.
Hope you have a good day!
I would love to play as well. Now, I just need to find my travel pictures...
Hey, I made some code for this and put it on my blog. Let me know if you want the code and I'll send it to you via email.
Sounds like a wonderful thing to do on a Friday...dream. :)
Maybe it would be fun to try and guess where the pictures are taken?
I remember when I was young, my brother got out the map and we took an imaginary trip across the US. I thought it was really neat.
Vee
sounds like a good way to keep my blog updated! all of my pictures are packed away though...sigh.
sounds like fun but I don't know how often I will be able to participate. Most of my "far away" travels arent on CD or my computer :(
hey guys......you don't HAVE to post a picture......just tell us where you have been or where you want to go.....and a lot of times you can find pictures in the public domain...like phyllis said.
happy traveling! :)
great idea mama! sounds like a perfect way to start a weekend!
Sounds like fun-count me in! Now I'm REALLY wishing I had a scanner for all these pictures I have...I'll figure something out and it will be fun. Good idea Kim!
Post a Comment