
last year while taking a little weekend trip
to this sweet cabin, owned by our friend karyn, we were going through all the wonderful little antique stores scattered through the little town. i really wasn't looking for anything in particular, but when i stumbled on this chandelier......i just knew it was exactly what i wanted in our living room.
it was brown and all rusted out.....looked pretty sad, but i brought it home, bryan worked on it, painted it and restored the cord , i made a chain cover and found some glass bobeches (still need a few more) and ......there she shines!
the really neat thing is........this little town, about 2 hours north of us, is where we spent our honeymoon, some 34 years ago.
so it is a sweet reminder for several reasons!


8 comments:
Perfect in every way and I love the color!!
What a sweet treasure from a special place.
love you
deena
How wonderful! To find something that speaks to you in multiple ways is awesome. I love it and also how you have used it to complement your home.
Hope you have a great giggle, wiggle day and may it find you when least expected. :)
I do love the chandalier! Now we need to find one for my house :)
You guys did a great job of fixing it up. I really like the touch it brings to your home.
Beautiful chandelier...beautiful you! :)
what a charming chandelier, with a cute story to go with it. "Finds" are always so much fun to fix up aren't they?
Hope your day has been filled with joy ~
fondly,
Joni
This is so fabulous! You did such a wonderful job redoing it. love nita
I am so happy you found a treasure while visiting my cabin. How fun! I just love those little stores and often find things for my home too. It looks great! Do you have a "before" picture? I am so glad you have enjoyed your time up there visiting my sweet cabin.
Post a Comment