Wednesday, March 19, 2008

wednesday wellness....

"dancing is the poetry of the foot"
~john dryden



well, my feet won't me "writing" any poetry soon....

doctor says i have heel spurs in both heels
so, he gave me a therpeutic injection in both areas
(it made me remember my lamaze breathings last used almost 27 years ago)
he even said
"oh, bringing out the 'ol lamaze method!"
yeahhhhh
he also game me a boot, that i use for two hours a night
that stretches the ligaments from the heel to the ball of the foot
mine seems to be caused by poor foot mechanics.....it flattens too much
after five pregnancies......(a set of twins) his probably would too!
and he is suggesting orthotics....which i wore for the 3-day
(only these wouldn't be from target) :)
however.......he said it is a temporary condition
oh, how i loved the sound of that!
so, i am icing my feet... and will start the boot on saturday

"the human foot is a masterpiece of engineering
and a work of art"
~leonardo da vinci


so.....basically it isn't what exercise you are doing with your feet
that causes the problems,
it's the conditions (mechanics) that your feet are in when you are doing them
so, if you are having problems...get it checked out
march is national foot health month
there is hope, and help!

(FOOTnote) he said there was no reason why i could not walk the 3-day again...
and again....and again!

10 comments:

Debbie said...

I am happy that you found some answers for your pain. Hopefully this will give you the relief that you so desperately deserve! Hope the pain starts to go away soon.

Annette said...

My what pretty feet you have Kimberley! Love the toenail's=) I have problems with my feet like that, and when your feet or back hurt's your whole body hurt's it seem like, I love lamaze breathing, I use it so much! Icing the feet in real hot weather would be pretty relazing but not now, so does this mean you wont be hunting Easter egg's? Hope your on your feet soon! hug's Annette

Vonda said...

Well, as you know I went through that for several years. Doctors, orthotics, treatments and the "boot". Let me tell ya...that boot ain't made for sleepin'!

cassie said...

so glad to hear that you are putting your "feet in the right direction" mom. after years and years of putting others first, it is about time that you start paying attention to yourself and your health. i love you, mom.

kimberly said...

vonda jean.....this boot ain't made for sleepin....i am only supposed to wear it for and hour on each foot before going to bed...so don't know if it is a different kind or not....did you have injections?

Joni said...

If you really think about the surface area of the foot and all it has to endure, it is quite amazing that more trauma doesn't happen. I hope what the Dr. suggests puts your little tootsies on the road to recovery. It's important to pamper our feet, especially when they have so many more miles to go!

cute nailpolish, by the way :)

have a good day ~
joni

Mandy said...

gosh that sounds painful. Sounds like its time to kick those feet up and relax!! Hope you feel better soon!!

Carol Dunton said...

Oh dear Kimberly! Well... cute tootsies! Um...I had that very same condition that you have. Injections, physical therapy, custom orthodics, ice packs, tennis balls, foot stretches, the boot... the whole 9 yards. It took something else to finally cure it, but it is so wonderful to not have that incapacitating pain anymore! I am rooting for you, dear girl! And yes, good for you for taking care of yourself!
VB

Jamie said...

Mom, may I just say that maybe you should give your poor little feeties a rest from the 3-day this year. :) Maybe the torch should be passed on this time. :)

Vonda said...

The boot I have is big and klunky and I was supposed to wear it in bed to keep the foot bent up from the ankle. I didn't get over my problem until my back got out of whack and I quit walking. After a while, my foot didn't hurt anymore! Listen to Jamie and rest your feet!!