"i am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world".
Her Majesty's Theatre The Phantom of the Opera has been playing here since Oct. 1986
the Round Pond and Sunken Gardens in Kensington Gardens 
Tavistock Hotel in Tavistock Square....quite a quaint sweet place to stay
Harrods Department Store~amazing place!

Yeoman Warder at Tower of London
the pigeons in Trafalgar Square
Bernard Rayner's great-uncle opened a small kiosk here after World War II. Rayner was the "pigeon man" peddling plastic cups of corn for about 45 cents to tourists, but he fed his pigeons for the last time on February 7, 2001 ...as the mayor at that time said they were a health hazard.


....then, the scenery goes dark and black for about 20 minutes as you pass under the English Channel, then more green fields, then the outlying streets of Paris. You’ve just taken the Eurostar high speed “Chunnel” train from London to Paris. (another faraway friday) :0
pictures don't do it justice.....but i've shared some.......
other things that i loved and remember so well....the Thames River, speed at which the taxi drivers traveled, fish and chips wrapped in newspaper with malt vinegar, the chapels, chambers, tombs AND ceilings of Westminster Abbey, coffee, the underground, the carmel bread pudding at Youngs, the lovely sugar "cubes", the croissants at the Orange House, and English Tea, frites, the english accent, the friendly people who explained what certain words on the menu were, and.....
the thrill of just experiencing somewhere in person, that i had only seen and read about in books!









7 comments:
Wonderful pictures Kimberly! I didn't have time to look at all the details and read everything you wrote, but will next week when things calm down around here. So little time to get everything done... and I miss having time to participate in the blogosphere fun.
Hope you have a Sonshine Easter weekend!
Oh Kimberly, my heart is swooning over your pictures and if I didn't think so harshly upon envy I would surely be a tint of green at this very moment. This is a place I have ALWAYS wanted to travel to and hopefully someday will, but at least now I can daydream with what you have shared...thank you...I can't wait to tell others where I have been today. ;)
can't wait to go...someday!
Thanks for the trip!
I'd love to visit strange new place's my dream one day is to go to Portugal, I want to go where our Lady Of Fatima appeared to the 3 children, and to go to Spain and see all the old Churches, one day...my dad's family was from portugal....Hug's Annette
Beautiful! How romantic. I would love to take a trip like that with my hubby! Love you.
Such bold history in those pictures! I'm so glad you and dad had the opportunity to experience it. :) I remember what a wonderful time you had and you did a great job at taking so many photos!! :) Love them all!
Post a Comment