this little treasure is an autograph book
given to me Christmas of 1962
some 45 years ago
by the same lady that gave me my chatty cathy doll

in its pages are words and writings
from school friends, school teachers, family friends and relatives
and the wordsin handwriting
of those no longer with us
my grandpa, both grandmas, several family friends
and my mother
to this day, i have pictures in my head of certain people adding their little message to it
i remember well, the thrill of having its pages filled


7 comments:
Oh Kimberly...I could only make out a few of the lines your mother wrote and I got tears in my eyes...I can imagine you getting this treasure out and pouring over its pages and what that must have meant to you. An old autograph book...to think of all those who have held it and shared their thoughts...BEAUTIFUL treasure today ~
hugs to you ~
Joni
Isnt it neat to pull thing's out like that and recall the memories of all who wrote in it....I do that from time to time with my year book's from high school. It's so pretty, like Joni I could read a few things from your Mom's page and it brought a lump in my throat, how specail...Hug's Annette
Mom, I don't think I've ever seen this. What a wonderful treasure! :)
my grandma was such a sweet little lady. i remember her leaving us love notes when she and grandpa stayed in our room when they came to visit. what a sweet treasure for you to always have...a love note from your momma.
Too precious for words. I'm so glad you have this for yourself and to pass on. It's a true treasure! Write something at the end so those that come after you will understand how much you treasured this. They in turn will treasure it because of your words and the words that were written for you.
Hugs, Phyllis
Oh, how wonderful...I have saved many notes my Mom wrote me when she was alive and they too, are so very precious. I save even the silly notes my son writes occasionally :)
Thanks for commenting on my blog and I will be very careful about changing my diet and taking care. I'm glad you are okay and your hubby is better from his surgery last year! Yes, got to have the coffee!
I love the title of your blog...if I had my way, I'd be on the coast forever :)
Oh Kimberly..tis oh so sweet!!
Fond memories lift our soul
and help us heal.
hugs to you my friend..Deena
Post a Comment