Saturday, February 2, 2008

tribute to my heart

i was reminded by joni that this month is
heart awareness month
i am very aware of my heart in february,
that is my dear husband's birthday month
and he has had control of my heart for some 35 years!
he is:
a loving and kind husband
a sensitive and caring father to five daughters
a welcoming father-in-law to four young men (plus one boyfriend)
a loving papa to 3 grandsons and 1 granddaughter.


his first passion is his family.....

and

second
working with wood
and sailing!
(oh, and can't forget sudoku)

this is my dear husband doing what he loves to do



i'd love to show you some of his work:


jamie's wooden horse made when she was very small



a medicine cabinet made when we were first married



and his beautiful canoe...
made every bit by hand
from the form
to the very last detail
12 years in the making
moving it with us to two other states



our first grandbabies cradle
made from the same wood
used to create his canoe



picture frames


our second grandbabies cradle


asher's toybox

journey's stroller


brody's toybox


asher and journey's little store


and at the moment

he is out in the garage, working on baby wyatt's crib.


he is a kind, gentle, quiet, patient, caring, amazing man.

my heart has been well taken care of

and overflows.....

8 comments:

Joni said...

What a beautiful family you have Kim and you are very lucky to have such a creative husband. These are things that show great pride in craftsmanship and will be treasures in themselves as they are played with or used and handed down over time. I bet it won't be long until the grandkids are wanting to help grandpa with his woodwork...fun times.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Joni

Annette said...

what a marvelous man, such talent he's one of God's carpenter's, your family is just gergous.

Phyllis Russell Franklin said...

Kimberly, your love for him is showing. :)

Anonymous said...

And don't forget,Kim,....Bryan is MY one and only son-in-law and if I had cloned the perfect son-in-law I could not have done as good a job as you did in picking the perfect son-in-law out of the whole wide world for me

I love both of you greatly! Dad

Jamie said...

The first time I read this I was so emotional I couldn't even post a response...I had to go take my contacts out and put on my glasses. :)
I sure do love this man too and I'm so thankful that God chose him to be my dad. What a tremendous blessing he has been in my life and continues to be everyday. :)
I just wish I would have gotten some of his woodworking talent in my genes! :)

Debbie said...

You are all truly blessed to have such amazing family members. The love that the two of you share is inspirational even for those outside the family. I am amazed at his woodcrafting! I hope your heart continues to soar and be filled with love.

Anonymous said...

Kimberly Sue, You must be the envy of millions of women who have to endure "Marital Blisters"
I'm glad you found your "Bliss"!

Anonymous said...

The canoe, especially, is beautiful. Your husband is a very talented man.