and beautiful box it came in
i have had this ring since before i was married
but have never worn it, as my mom's hands were so small
that it would only fit on my pinky finger.
at the girl's weddings,
this ring was carefully enclosed in the little crocheted doily with ribbon
and then pinned to the inside of their dress.....
something borrowed, something old.....but most importantly, something from their dearly loved grandma g
she is permanently "pinned" to our hearts



10 comments:
This is such a beautiful treasure. The story of everyone having it on their wedding day touched my heart. What an amazing angel you all have in your lives.
Don't you know I'm overly emotional right now?? :) I think this is a beautiful picture, mom. I don't know if I ever realized that was the box that Grandma's ring came in. I just know it has always sat on your dresser. Sometimes I miss her so much...
Precious memory and wonderful treasure. She must have been a wonderful mother. I can tell she passed on her love gene to you and you to your children. It's the best gene to have.
something borrowed...something old...I can't think of a more precious treasure. What a lovely way to keep the memory of your mom in the present...and I will now have to check back to see if your dad has a story to tell...I always love to hear what he has to say and this treasure is sure to have a heart-warming story...thank you Kim for sharing such a priceless treasure...absolutely beautiful!
That is lovely..Oh so fun that you have
it. It's just perfect in itself!
thanks for sharing..Deena
What a beauty...and to the memories it hold are priceless, I sometime's wish "old" thing's could talk to let us know what it was like in those day's...God bless
P.S. How's the number's comming along?
Please let me know what time so I can stop what Im doing and pray, I so believe in that...Annette
What a beautiful treasure indeed. I just love antiques and there are even more special when they are so close to your heart. I hear so much about your mom I feel like I know her. She was an amazing woman.
A beautiful photo. I don't think I ever knew that your daughters wore Juanita's wedding ring pinned to the inside of their wedding dresses. If I did know I have forgotten it over the years. What a lovely remembrance of grandma. Of course I certainly still remember that day in Jauary 1949 when my stepdad, Leonard Doran, went with me to downtown Phoenix to buy that ring. In that day and age Daniel's Jewelry store stood on the northwest corner of Washington street and 1st street. I bought the engagement ring and two matching plain gold band wedding rings as a set. I believe I still have her gold band here in my keepsakes. I should find it and give it to you to go with the engagement ring. Over the years, as most brides and grooms do we both gained weight; so on our 25th wedding anniversary I bought new wedding bands for both of us. They were the Art Carved brand and very tooled and beautiful. She loved them even though I bought them for a surprise and I was hoping she would like them. She wore the new ring for years and on a camping trip it was thrown out with the dishwater when she finished doing the dishes. She threw the water in the creek and we searched in vain for the ring and never found it. So I bought her an exact duplicate. I insisted that it remain on her finger when she was buried...and so it was. I wore my matching ring for about 7 months after her death and then took it off. Shortly after that a woman hit on me at the mall noticing I did not wear a wedding ring. She invited herself to come live with me and be my housekeeper. It scared the dickens out of me. Thank God it only happened one time!! I even wrote a short story about it called "A QUANDARY". My Art Carved ring is still here in the house. My 3rd finger left hand is still bare and since I am cruising in on 80 years of age I plan on keeping it that way! DAD
Post a Comment