
i signed up to be a pink artist january 29
after seeing it on deena's blog.
to know more about it, please visit monica @ girl gone thread wild
this community project will donate 100% of its proceeds to
i spent some time looking at the parade of squares and was
absolutely amazed at the talent and effort that all these women were pouring into this endeavor......and i was a little intimidated.
this is not exactly my forte, but i wanted to follow through with my comittment, and so it began.
it was suggested that we make our 2x2 square to represent ourselves
after raising funds for and walking the
susan g. komen 60 mile breast cancer 3-day
for the past two years with my brother,
i knew i wanted it to reflect that experience.
so here is my 2x2 pink artist square
my inspiration is from the closing ceremonies:as we all walk in on the third day, we are in a holding area
we then march in for the final farewell
the survivors follow, walking into the middle of 2,ooo of us who walked
it is hushed, and one by one we raise our shoes,
the shoes that we used to walk 3 days, 20 miles a day
in honor of these courageous people before us and those who have left us
who strive to help secure a world without breast cancer.

Everyone Deserves A Lifetime!
inside is my prayer for jill and deena
thank you, monica, for this wonderful opportunity!


16 comments:
I love this mom ~ it maked me cry. Great job!!!
great job mom! it turned out wonderfully!
this post took me back to when I walked the three day and all that powerful energy (tear).
love you so much.
The square is beautiful mom! Great job!
That is such a fitting and beautiful square. What a great project!
It says it all! Well done!
Vee
Wonderful Wonderful
piece!! It speaks VOLUMES!!
your friend, Deena
beautifully said, beautifully crafted, beautifully supportive...
blessings added to those inside
what a fun and creative project~ you did a beautiful job!
I've always wanted to walk in the
3-day we have here in San Francisco, but I just don't know how on earth I would raise the $2400.00 needed.
hope your day has been a fun one~
Joni
I'd love to walk the walk here in San Francisco, but like Joni just dont know how I could raise that kind of money....My mom is breast cancer survior.
I love your passion. I love how you put your heart and soul into things you believe in, things that make a difference. You are a true inspiration.
That is so neat that you signed up to do this. It is a beautiful square. You have a great heart. I love your new blog header. I am signed in to my other site. It is more of a personal journal. I have Red Tin Heart too. love nita
I love it mom!!!!
Sis-the square is perfect, it does say it all Auntie Vee.
Ladies if you want to walk in the 3-day, do it!! I have helped raise money for Kim and Ken the last 2 years and I have found people to be very willing to help this cause. It is an amazing experience for the whole family!!
We are so proud of you Kim for walking the past 2 years.
thank you all for your sweet words, love and support....i'm excited to be a part of this endeavor....and will keep you updated on the outcome when it is finished....
Kimberly, this is beautiful & totally just what we need on our doll... thank you for joining in, fighting the GOOD fight & giving from the heart. I'm honored to be working with you for this cause. I would be more than happy to let you know when your square has arrived. Shine on, Monica :0)
Beautiful work!
For those of you who are unsure about participating in the Breast Cancer 3-Day, you can definitely do it! The Breast Cancer 3-Day offers lots of tools to help you train and fundraise. And even if you don’t think this is your year to participate as a walker, consider crewing or volunteering. You can speak with a Breast Cancer 3-Day coach at 1-800-996-3DAY to get a lot more information. Hope you decide to join us!
Post a Comment