i have been reminded lately how fun it is to shake, rattle and roll and the benefits of laughter. one of my daughters gave us all a little therapeutic exercise in one of her posts......and what fun it was! then a little impromptu visit to another daughter had me playing a game called "corn hole" and that had me laughing something fierce. after each of these little impulsive exercises.......i felt great! and i realized.....i need more of this! life can become so full of repetition (which sometimes is good) but ...the cares, worries, stresses, burdens, and just everyday life can leave no time for being impulsive and doing something out of the ordinary! so i plan to keep"shaking" things up a bit and making more time for fun and laughter.....we have all heard that
"laughter is the best medicine",
"laughter is the best medicine",
here are a few others:
"laughter is the shock absorber that eases the blows of life" unknown
"There are short-cuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them." ~Vicki Baum



7 comments:
I'm glad you stayed! I think we all needed a little laughter! I love you!
I like this post. Spontanious fun is good for the soul. I am up for the challenge :)
I love the blog, we never take time to laugh, to let something else take our blow, that is so true!
Truly, laughter...that deep down "I can't stop but my cheeks hurt" feels SO good. I haven't done that in a while...
Thanks for the reminder. Will you call me and say something really funny??
i never claimed to be funny.....i enjoy being entertained! :)
I checked out the "shake, rattle, and roll" thing on your daughter's blog and got all tied up in sentiment over her treasure box. I'm so excited she is joining us. I hope she doesn't mind my comments...
I am going to have to take a raincheck on the dancing until everyone is out of my house-they really will think I've gone crazy! Sounds like fun though and we can never have too much of that!
When Grandma and I were so much younger we had a huge braided rug on the floor of the living room where I still live. Some nights I would entertain Grandma by rolling that rug up exposing our stained and polished and waxed concrete floor. I would put a jazzy record on and turn the volume high and I would do all the crazy dances for her that I wished I had nerve enough to do on the dance floor. Grandma was not a dancer. She had 2 left feet but she loved to see me act a fool and I loved doing it for her.
I miss Jose Alberto Cimental Aldaco so very much. He would get up in the morning and before he left for work he would put one of his Mexican records on and turn it up to blasting and do so many fast stepping Mexican dances for me and sing all the songs and yell and trill and give those cries like the Mexicans do. He was an outstanding entertainer and I could hardly bear for him to leave for work. My day got off to a beautiful start. He was 22 and his mama brought him here as a child from Mexico and she soon died of breast cancer so he had no one to sponsor him and was illegal. When the new law went into effect January 1st and he had to leave this country the light kinda of went out of my life. He was such a joy. His life has been a sad one but he had the secret to bring joy to others. I don't know where he is but wherever he is I hope he is not only continuing to bring joy to others but is receiving joy as well. He left a void in my life. But even now sometimes in the dead of night I hear a noise in his room and I get up and shine the flashlight in there thinking that by some hook or crook he has returned...after all he knows where I have hidden the back door key. But it is never him. Laws are laws and they are great things to have but it is still sad when someone who brings so much joy and happiness into the lives of others has to go elsewhere because of those laws leaving us bereft of the joy we derive from their presence. My life is not as happy. I went to a wedding Saturday night and I did not dance like I usually do. I just didn't have it in me to do so. He referred to me as his "best friend" and I continue to be honored by that title! GG
Post a Comment