there is a lot to be said for paying attention to what ails you. being committed to making appointments, taking vitamins, getting exercise, eating right, etc.
but how about painting new color on a wall, putting up new wallpaper, tearing old wallpaper down, rearranging a room full of furniture, making an art project, hanging new pictures?
this "creativity" is so important to my well-being. i know this about myself, but sometimes forget how important it really is for a "healthy" me. it is amazing how much better i feel after completing one of these "exercises".
no.......it won't fix a toothache, or get rid of this pesky heel spur......but it does keep me sane.....
and there is a lot to be said for that too!



7 comments:
I think it is true that (most, many, a few?)women believe their home to be a reflection of themselves and it is very personal (sometimes men don't quite "get" this). When my home is looking good it makes me feel better on the inside too and it's really not about the accomplishment, it's about letting bits and pieces of YOU shine through and it is an awfully good work out! I've always said that house and yard work are therapeutic for me and it still rings true. I wish I had more time right now - I have two or three walls that could use some color
Sorry about that first comment deletion. I'm a grammar nut and today I'm tired...the two were clashing.
mom, i love your frequent posts and i love you ppening up about yourself! you are a treasure of a being!!!
thanks sweetie. glad i'm a treasure of a being and not junk! :) although.....one person's junk is another's treasure!
How wonderful that you nuture that part of you! So many times we put that creativity aside for ..oh... laundry, cleaning, other things... By the way... I LOVE Eva Cassidy's version of 'Fields of Gold'... I've not heard of her...what a beautiful voice! Thank you for the inspiration! : )
VB
i am so glad you are doing wellness wednesday mom!
Post a Comment