Sunday, January 13, 2008

special day

today is my mom and dad's anniversary. they would have been married 59 years today. they were married january 14th, 1949. as it was, they were together 48 years.

happy anniversary dad.Y

two years ago today, my nephew married his sweetheart, so now they share in this very special day. happy anniversary jeremy and annie!

10 comments:

Mandy said...

A classy couple. 48 years, what an a amazingly beautiful love story.

Cory said...

Happy Anniversary to all of these amazingly beautiful people! I love you all!!

cassie said...

happy day to the two marriages that have brought so much love into the world!

Anonymous said...

I was 20 and she was 23 when this wedding picture was taken. I met her when I was 11 and she was 14. Fourteen year old girls don't have any time for 11 year old boys. But we stayed friends all the ensuing years and when I was 20 and she was 23 things changed!! I was in San Francisco and I wrote her a letter and mailed it to her in Phoenix and her quick reply in return read..."Your letter was like a cool ocean breeze to this parched desert heart of mine!"

I thought,. "Wow, when I get back to Phoenix I am going to go visit her." And I did and we fell in love and were married within 3 months. I neve did ask her to marry me. I said to her "one of these days I've got a question I am going to ask you." And she replied, "Yes, and when you do my answer will be "Yes". And that is how it happened! GG

Anonymous said...

I was 20 and she was 23 when this wedding picture was taken. I met her when I was 11 and she was 14. Fourteen year old girls don't have any time for 11 year old boys. But we stayed friends all the ensuing years and when I was 20 and she was 23 things changed!! I was in San Francisco and I wrote her a letter and mailed it to her in Phoenix and her quick reply in return read..."Your letter was like a cool ocean breeze to this parched desert heart of mine!"

I thought,. "Wow, when I get back to Phoenix I am going to go visit her." And I did and we fell in love and were married within 3 months. I neve did ask her to marry me. I said to her "one of these days I've got a question I am going to ask you." And she replied, "Yes, and when you do my answer will be "Yes". And that is how it happened! GG

Anonymous said...

Well, I don't know how it happened that my comment got posted twice but Oh well, the way I feel today it bears repeating anyway!!!

Thank you Kim for posting our photo and telling a little about us and Jeremy and Annie.

My, My, according to the photo your Mom and I haven't aged a bit, have we??? Love, DAD

Jamie said...

Lots of love surrounding this special day. :)
Happy anniversary!

Joni said...

What an inspirational couple! And the little story left by your father touched my heart. Thank you for sharing something so filled with love. May your fond memories be a blessing to this day.
Joni

Brittni said...

Happy anniversary! Thank you for bringing our family into this world! I love you so much! Happy anniversary Annie and Jer! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

So young, so innocent! What an amazing proliferation!!!