Tuesday, January 15, 2008

tuesday's treasures

i fell in love with christie repasy's paintings about six or seven years ago. i never really expected to own any.....i don't usually splurge like that....however, i appreciated the joy i got just "looking and dreaming".

i have five daughters who always seem to just know what i'm dreaming about! so, together, they gifted me with two beautiful paintings, one for Christmas and one for Mother's Day


vintage charm

yellow chintz with violets


i don't know if my daughters know the amount of joy their giving has brought me over the years, but be assured.....i am so uplifted daily by these beautiful treasures....and feel so loved by the thoughtfulness of those who gave them.

11 comments:

Simplicity Wins said...

Your daughters are amazing! All of them are so special in their own way. I admire your family and the closeness you all share.

Jamie said...

mom ~ I'm so glad that you enjoy these so much. :) I love it that it's the "little things" that create so much happiness in your life. :)
I love you ~

Phyllis Russell Franklin said...

What wonderful treasures and beautiful paintings! It's double wonderful when the people that have given them to you are so precious to you. You get to enjoy the gift and the spirit of the giver each time to are around your treasure.

Love ya, Phyllis

Joni said...

I can see why you love these paintings-they are beautiful! But of course the real "treasure" lies in that they were gifts from your daughters ~ what a loving and thoughtful bunch you have!...and to be able to decorate your home with them and not have to tuck them away in a drawer somewhere makes them even more special because you can pass by them and be reminded on a daily basis. Thank you for sharing ~

Debbie said...

The depth with which you all love and care for family and friends is amazing. Those paintings are beautiful and the meaning behind them even more so!

jessamyn said...

Hey mom! I love the little additions you are putting on your page. So fun! Especially that pic of bubba the fairy chihuahua!:)

cassie said...

oh mom, i love you. and i am so glad that you have so many treasures to share with us!

i didn't see the pic of bubba....i will have to keep looking!

Cory said...

I laughed at the little pic of Bubb too, sprawled out in the flowers. Although I laughed even harder at the fairy chihuahua comment :) I too like all your little additions! Glad you love your paintings mammacita! Love you!

Brittni said...

I love those paintings too! I am glad to hear about all your little treasures! I love you.

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about what kind of treasures I have...and decided that it would have to be something that belonged to my mom or grandma Lindley. One of the things that came to mind was my mom's Watkins Cook Book.Copyright,1938. She had it as long as I was old enough to remember anything. Nearly everything she baked came from this book. The pages are yellowed and stained and stuffed with other recipes she had collected through the years.

kimberly said...

and we are still using or asking you for her recipes today! thanks for sharing vonda jean!