i'm feeling so touched and thankful for the kindness of others this morning. thank you for keeping jamie and mattie in your thoughts and prayers......your words were so encouraging and the thoughtfulness so genuine and kind. the embryo survived the thawing process and the transfer was done around 8:00 a.m......i am sure jamie will put more details on her blog after she has time to rest. again, thank you
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
i grew up with my mother's love of tea and teacups.
when she passed away, my dad gave me some that she had in her collection and i have since started my own collection......which my father and my children add to frequently
i remember one of her cups....when raised to the light, shows the face of a lovely lady...i was always intrigued by it as a little girl....and now that cup is mine....
i am a coffee drinker for the most part, but i love my teacups and a good cup of tea.....so, i think i will start using them daily.....to make them useful (other than my joy of looking at them) and to add to those memories they have already given me.




10 comments:
I love your teacups! It's funny because I almost chose my depression ware for my treasure today and then decided to do the hummingbird stained glass, but we have the same cup and saucer. I'll probably use them for next week's treasure. I am all for using beautiful tea cups and things EVERYDAY. I use to always tease my mom because she would never burn her pretty candles or use her fine china and I would tell her "Everyday is a celebration!" So I am one to use the good stuff everyday. It's in the living that we make memories. Thanks for sharing something that I know must be very sentimental to you. As for Jamie, I will continue to pray and I was so happy to hear that the first part went well...
most sincerely,
Joni
I remember those tea cups very well. Your blog anymore is so beautiful with the pictures and the music that is so fitting for the subject. I really love the sea pictures and the one of you on the beach. My thoughts are with Jamie and am glad everything has gone well thus far.
Oh, I am so thankful that the egg survived the thawing process and is safely where it is supposed to be. I will continue to pray strenuously that its destiny will be realized in developing into a viable fetus capable of living under normal conditions outside the uterus. I am elated at today's news! But I am still feeling so tenuous about all of this and I really DO Need to pray for myself that I will have strong and mighty strength to believe and pray that God will really bring this through to fruition.
Gramdpa
I am so glad you have and enjoy the cups, Kim. Mom always loved them so much. When I was traveling so much for APS I would try to find one for her wherever I went and usually my quest was successful. The lady's face in the bottom of the cup came out so clear you can even
tell she is oriental. Did you end up with the crocheted doilies that Peg Milanoski made for Mom. They were to be used underneahth the saucer in which the teacup sat. It always added an aura of old fashioned charm. Maybe they have been lost though I remember donating doilies to one of your cancer walk garage sales so maybe you retreived them.
Dad
yes, i did retrieve them.....could not allow those to leave the family! they also are a treasure!
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. One more step forward...now we wait. :)
Mom ~ I love your teacups too. :) They are very much a part of who you are. I remember I was buying cups and saucers for each of your special occasions until I thought you were probably getting sick of it. :) Guess not! Thanks for sharing them today. I can't believe I don't remember ever seeing the one with the lady at the bottom...where have I been??
Love you!
That tea cup is so cool! I can see how you might have been enchanted by it as a little girl. I love seeing all your tea cups in your home. It is like a little bed and breakfast cottage in there!
i agree with auntie vonda mom. your blog is so beautiful, and i am so glad that you post so often. it makes me feel a bit closer to home ...and you. i love you.
thank you to all for such sweet words......i really enjoy this blogging world :) thanks to those of you who broke the ice and for the encouragement!
your mamacita!
my grandmother had tea cups too, now my mother has them and one day I will get them, they are so danity and beautiful like my grandmother, I didnt know about jamie was gone, but I do now and I will pray. I love the beach too
Post a Comment