Monday, June 30, 2008

little things

(brody bringing nonnie a flower he picked)
today is the last day of june.
our whirlwind month
is almost behind us.
i am so thankful
for all of those we celebrated
and
all who helped with each festivity.
all the time and effort that was given
and
all the love.
i also hope
that with the whirlwind of plans
and single minded follow-through,
that i made time
to appreciate
the little things.
i need to be better about that.

14 comments:

Annette said...

I dont think seriously you need to be better at any thing at, you are so kind hearted, thoughtful, and giving your love to every one. we all need to learn to apperciate the little thing's.
What a sweet thing from your little man....giving nonnie a flower he so careful picked, and thought of you, he must have a excellent teacher to learn this already...My Johnanthon use to do this, and Amanda did the same for her Daddy. God's little people are so sweet.
Hug's alway's
Annette

Vonda said...

Well, I must say the month of June was busting out all over!! I was mostly a spectator and very much enjoying it - except when the AC went out in my house - my dogs running loose because the repairmen didn't lock the gate and locking myself up in the backyard because the patio door was locked and having to climb over the wall to get in the house... I don't no what in the world I'm going to do next Saturday?? I don't seem to have any parties to go to!

Sally said...

That has to be one of the most precious pictures. Thanks so much for sharing!

Unknown said...

I love that photo and what a great post. Enjoyed it.

Karen said...

What a precious picture. I really like your post. Your's and Joni's both reminded me of the importance of the little things. I hope I can remember.

Joni said...

WE are so funny...we're always on the same page! I guess someone is trying to tell us to hold on to those little things because they are indeed so precious...

...just like little Brody.
what an adorable picture!
I'd keep that flower forever...I really would!

hugs to you my friend ~

Brenda said...

What an absolute cutie!

Jeanne said...

God bless you and yours real good my lovely friend.
Love and kisses and the best of wishes
Bonne Fete Canada~
Love Jeanne

Cory said...

It is a good reminder momma, and a good pic of little dude! Thanks for sharing :)
Vonda, it sounds like you had quite a saturday!!!!!

Debbie said...

What a great reminder. What thought and care little Brody put into picking that flower for you. Hope you enjoy the end of the June craziness and back to the "normal" craziness of life!

cassie said...

vonda you are one wild woman! why don't you take next sunday to rest!!! that picture of brody is so precious..just like him. i am sure you found some time mom...a lesson for all of us.

Donna said...

Precious photo!!hughugs

Mandy said...

you are very blessed with some beautiful grandbabies!!

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

I will miss June..Sigh.
It is my favorite month.
The picture you have today is so sweet..
Sending you love, Nita