i have enjoyed going through these old records lately, and pulling out the ones that have such special memories for me. singing along is a sure way to lighten the spirit!
I can only imagine which records you are playing. :) This is one of my most favorite memories from my childhood...coming home from school to the sounds of john denver, mamas & the papas, john anderson, crystal gail, peter paul and mary, lee greenwood, etc. and the crackle of white noise in between each song....I love it!!!! :) Enjoy mama ~ sounds like a heavenly day.
this certainly does bring back some memories! I still have my records, both 33's and 45's, but they are all put away and I don't have a turntable anymore to play them, but I know how nice that would be...play a song for me! I love them all.
I'm glad things have slowed down so you can enjoy a little music in your day ~
I love vinyl! I have some really good albums. I am looking for a turn table so I can play them. My Mom use to have a Judy Collins album with the song, Send in the Clowns, and it would skip right at, Making my entrance again with my usual flair. And now when I hear it on the radio I always think of that. LoL Thank you for the compliment on my story.. Sending you lots of love, Nita
I can remember my mom having this huge stero thing with a radio and I'd play this one record over and over the name of the song was "To Sir, with love"? and I bolt out the word's for the all the neighbors to hear, I think Joni use to stand there and just watch and give me this look...it's funny now, and Tony Orlando and dawn was another favorit of mine it was a 33? how fun to go back....enjoy your day listening to GOOD music dear friend!! Love ya Annette
How much fun! I have stacks of albums but no record player to play them on. Annette, I always loved the song "To Sir with Love" too! thanks for the photo and the memories!
9 comments:
I can only imagine which records you are playing. :) This is one of my most favorite memories from my childhood...coming home from school to the sounds of john denver, mamas & the papas, john anderson, crystal gail, peter paul and mary, lee greenwood, etc. and the crackle of white noise in between each song....I love it!!!! :) Enjoy mama ~ sounds like a heavenly day.
this certainly does bring back some memories! I still have my records, both 33's and 45's, but they are all put away and I don't have a turntable anymore to play them, but I know how nice that would be...play a song for me!
I love them all.
I'm glad things have slowed down so you can enjoy a little music in your day ~
Beautiful! I love your collection of music...play on!
Looks like you have a nice collection!☺
I love vinyl! I have some really good albums. I am looking for a turn table so I can play them.
My Mom use to have a Judy Collins album with the song, Send in the Clowns, and it would skip right at, Making my entrance again with my usual flair.
And now when I hear it on the radio I always think of that. LoL
Thank you for the compliment on my story..
Sending you lots of love, Nita
I still have a few albums on vinyl.........
I would love to hear what songs have moved your heart lately.
Love Jeanne
I can remember my mom having this huge stero thing with a radio and I'd play this one record over and over the name of the song was "To Sir, with love"? and I bolt out the word's for the all the neighbors to hear, I think Joni use to stand there and just watch and give me this look...it's funny now, and Tony Orlando and dawn was another favorit of mine it was a 33? how fun to go back....enjoy your day listening to GOOD music dear friend!! Love ya Annette
I'm with Jme. Music is one of my favorite memories from my childhood too. There is something so calming about a record playing :)
How much fun! I have stacks of albums but no record player to play them on. Annette, I always loved the song "To Sir with Love" too! thanks for the photo and the memories!
Post a Comment