Saturday, June 28, 2008

photo challenge: orange

sunset after our first monsoon

never noticed these orange carts at home depot until now!

AJ's always displays so nicely!

more orange at home depot!

tempe town lake....noticed these on my way home from the airport

bird of paradise....blooming all over phoenix this time of year

the resident lobster at nonnie and papa's house!

my first photo challenge and i loved participating.
certainly makes you more aware of your surroundings
and i apologize for more than 3 pictures....i just couldn't decide!

we have a baptism to go to today....
so will be by your blogs later today with anticipation for what you have shared!

also
happy baptism day to wyatt (my youngest grandbaby)
and happy birthday to karen (my sister-in-law)
hope both of you have a wonderful day!

26 comments:

Brenda said...

Your photos are wonderful for this challenge! Thank you so much for joining us!

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

This is my first challenge, too! I love all your pictures. Especially the one of the flowers! WOW! Those are really spectacular! And I can't believe I didn't even think of Home Depot and their signature orange! ha! (I can be so dense sometimes.)
This has been a lot of fun - can't wait to do the next one, too.

Kari

Donna said...

Great selection! I would have a hard time picking too - like picking favorite children. You just can't do it, LOL!

Joni said...

oh, I can see why you couldn't pick just 2-3, they are all wonderful! I'm so glad you played along, I know how busy life has been for you, but at least through this you were forced to slow down and capture a moment in time through your lens...

have a good day dear frined ~
(I miss you)

Karen M said...

Great pics! Glad you joined in the fun!

Carol Dunton said...

Oh Kimberly! I am loving this!! I have seen photo challenges before, but have never felt that I was of the caliber to participate. Your orange pictures are amazing...just awesome!!! I'm loving this whole concept, so thank you for sharing it with us! : )
VB

Jeanne said...

Orange you glad it is summer.
Love you
Jeanne

Donna said...

Oh I Love the Carrots!!!!! How Pretty!! And the carts...and...and....LOL...Great JOB!!LOL....Wasn't this Fun!!!!hughugs

Jeanne said...

Great job! Those carrots look delicious. Home Depot is such a treasure trove for this one. hehe

dabrah said...

Your orange picture collection is quite amazing. I loved them all.

Unknown said...

I love all of your orange. What a great idea to go to Home Depot! Great photos and so much fun!!

Annie said...

wow..such great Orange pikkies...good on you..well done! some of thos ewere evry clever! Annie

Kingswood Food and Craft Market said...

Hiya Kimberley,
Love all your pics! So fun! That lobster reminds me of the one in The Little Mermaid...sure you didnt kidnap..ooops i mean, lobsternap him..????
The Home Depot trolleys look very kool!

Thanks for popping by my blog earlier!

Shannon :)

Karen M said...

I broke the rules on my first photo challenge too. It's hard not too. At first you think you'll never find something interesting and then you find too many that fit perfectly. This is a very fun thing to do. I look forward to many more photo challenges.

By the way--that sunset was spectacular!

All your pictures were great expressions of orange.

I need to get back to my studying!!

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Kimberly, what fantastic photos! I love the sunset photo and the carrot one the most.
Love Nita

SweetAnnee said...

Very very fun..lots of pretty oranges..I love the carrots

I'm good..just a bit tired..I've not done much on
my blog..getting ready for The Primitive Gathering
update!!

smiles, Deena

Debbie said...

What amazing photos! It is no surprise all your daughters are so creative and talented. Great seeing you yesterday. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Brittni said...

Beautiful pics mom! I love the sunset and the carrots! The one of Tempe Town Lakes is great too! They are all great! The lobster looks like he is floating in a dream!

Karen said...

Your photos are all great. The orange is so vibrant in all of them. It's fun how this makes us look at the things around us in a different light.

Sharon said...

I love your orange photos. I think the trolleys is my favourite. I was a little late with my photos. Hope you get a chance to visit.

Sharon

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

Kimberly, My area is lush and green. It rains here every few days. And, Sometimes it will be sunny in the morning and rain at noon, and then be sunny again by afternoon!
We have alot of really beautiful country and trees and bushes and flowers. Some areas are so primitive it feels like you have time traveled.
Thanks for the comment..
Sending you much love and affection, Nita

Annette said...

I love the sunset one and the carrot's, the flower's well I love all of them just like I love YOU!!
I wish we had gergous sunset's like your in Calif. we do....by thr ocean, but I dont have ocean front property, dang it!!
Love you so much.
Annette

Debbie said...

Hey...I posted way too many too! Yours are fantastic and I love the lake one...smooth as glass! Amazing how much orange there is when you start looking. This was fun and I enjoyed doing it too :)

cassie said...

wow! an abundance of bright color! what a way to start a day. i love mr. lobster. he looks quite content floating in the pool - unscathed by races and toddlers.

Sally said...

Wow, I don't know how I missed your pictures. FANTASTIC, love them all!! Great job!!

pchickki said...

Wow Nonnie, you did a wonderful job! Terrific! This was fun even though it was my first photo challenge
Hugs
Patti