Sunday, June 1, 2008

june


Then let us, one and all, be contented with our lot;
The June is here this morning, and the sun is shining hot;
Oh! let us fill our hearts up with the glory of the day,
And banish ev'ry doubt and care and sorrow far away.
~ James Whitcomb Riley

june is such a busy month for us
with more than a half dozen birthdays to celebrate
and fathers day....
it comes and goes with a blur
i'm hoping to take time
to fill my heart up with the glory of each day.


what's the deal with rabbit rabbit?
you'll have good luck all month
if the first words you utter on the first of the month are "rabbit rabbit."
bonus luck if it's your birth month.
if it's the first of the month and you're reading this, don't fret.
simply reverse the process as you drift off into slumber land repeating "tibbar tibbar."
that's rabbit rabbit backwards. :)

9 comments:

Annette said...

I love the sentence.....and banish every doubt and care and sorrow far away....you and Joni are right June does hold alot of memories for me as well....
may your heart be filled with glorey dear friend!
Hug's always
Annette

Jeanne said...

When is your birthday darling one.
Love you
I have always had my first words of every month be rabbit rabbit for good luck ever since my son was a small child.
Your month as the saying goes will be doubly blessed because you were born in June.
Let me know when your birthday is.
Love you
I appreciate your visits and kind words.
Love Jeanne

Carol Dunton said...

LOL! I've never heard of 'rabbit, rabbit' before...so I will be saying 'tibbar, tibbar' as I drift off tonight! I love the pearls and roses!!! So appropo! I know how you feel about a busy birthday month/time. Mine spot in the year is from Halloween to after New Year's... three birthday, once an anniversary along with the holidays. I use to sit on the morning of January 26th and wonder if anyone got the liscense number of the truck that just ran through our lives! I am wishing that you will be able to savor each day for what it is and the month as a whole...something tells me you will! ; )
Hugs,
VB

Jamie said...

Yes...very busy. Sometimes this is a good thing when we are trying to be patient for other things. :)Hold on tight ~
Hhhherrree weeee goooooo!!!!! :)

Jeanne - (June 14th! :))

Debbie said...

Hope the wonderful month of June goes by smoothly and enjoyable for everyone in the family! Hopefully you find the time quite often to find the peace in the moment. Enjoy your crazy month! :)

Mandy said...

I have never heard of saying rabbit rabbit~ But I am going to start saying it! Have fun:o)
Mandy

Joni said...

I have never heard of Rabbit Rabbit either...hmmm, I suppose it couldn't hurt...and yes, June will pass in a whirlwind, but there will be certain days we will definitely need to pause for and celebrate...(*wink)...someone has a birthday coming up!

:) I love life's little celebrations don't you?

blowing sweet wishes your way ~
Joni

Anonymous said...

That is the most beautiful rosebush with pearls draped around...you may start a new trend!!

Enjoy you June!☺

cassie said...

tibbar, tibbar eh? if i remember, i will give it a whirl. we could all use a little whisper of luck i am sure. june is one crazy ride!!