who knew?
In 1984, President Ronald Reagan designated July as
National Ice Cream Month
and the third Sunday of the month as National Ice Cream Day.
He recognized ice cream as a fun and nutritious food
that is enjoyed by a full 90% of the nation's population.
In the proclamation, President Reagan called for all people of the United States to observe these events with
"appropriate ceremonies and activities."
In 2008, National Ice Cream Day will be Sunday, July 20.


remember waiting for good old fashioned
hand cranked ice cream?

and mr. softee.....

but if you can't hand crank your ice cream
and mr. softee doesn't come to your address anymore
this has got to be
the best taste of summer ever
so hope you figure out some
"appropriate ceremonies and activities"
(maybe a little ice cream dance...with a dip...and a swirl!)
to celebrate july as national ice cream month....
only, don't wait until july 20th! :)


12 comments:
every night is "National Ice Cream" it can be zero below out and I want ice cream.and that flavor you've got posted looks ooooh so good, so Cold Stone, (it's an ice cream parlor here) here I come....don't have to tell me twice, Thanks for letting me this! Whats your favorit?
I'll be screaming for ice cream how about you?
Love ya bunches
Annette
two scoops please!
:)
kyle seems to think it national ice cream year! he can't get enough of banana split ice cream, blizzards, or whatever he can get his hands on. i will have to let him know that this is his month!
OhMyWord!!!LOLHaha....I made Apple Pie Ice cream a few weeks ago....guess it's time to do it again!!!hughugs
I'm in!! (don't worry ~ I won't wait until the 20th! :)
I love ice cream.
Love and kisses
Scoop from life all the sweetness that you can.
Love Jeanne
Oh wow, do I remember homemade peach!! Yikes, now I'll be dreamin' about it!!
Before Dairy Queen landed here, we had the Dreamette in our neighborhood. It was close to the movie theatre - two of our favorite places when we were kids!
We had ice cream at work today in celebration of the 4th on Friday. I love ice cream. We have an awesome local ice cream company here that makes the yummiest stuff. We enjoy it lots these hot days.
So true confession time... I've been having a love affair with Sonic the past week. They had a sale on their milkshakes...and I've indulged in 3 of them this past week... BANANA!!! True, it's not ice cream, per se, but part of it is and it's like eating soft, creamy banana ice cream...the best! Fortunately, the sale ended Monday. My hips are grateful!
Is there anybody on the planet that doesn't love ice cream??? I'll take a banana split blizzard, please! or mocha almond...or....
Oh man, I wish I hadn't come back over here! I went to the grocery this morning and forgot to buy ICE CREAM!!! :)
Yumm! I'm going to have to get an ice cream maker. It's been too long since I made homemade ice cream. Chocolate chip, peach, vanilla. . .
Post a Comment