Monday, July 14, 2008


"Sometimes
the most important thing in a whole day
is the rest we take
between two deep breaths,
or
the turning inwards
in prayer
for five short minutes."

~Etty Hillesum

12 comments:

cassie said...

i love this beautiful reminder mom. that picture is so peaceful too...did you take that? i love you!

Jeanne said...

Amen I love this so very much~
Love Jeanne

Sally said...

Lovely picture and words - words to live by. Thank you for sharing. :)

Joni said...

this has been on my heart lately...turning inwards in prayer...and then listening...I feel like I'm at this open gate but I'm not too sure which direction to head off to...so I am patiently waiting for a nudge or a sign or something...or maybe this is my rest between two deep breaths? That sounds more promising!

beautiful quote.
:)

Annette said...

so very pretty Kim, lovely words to ponder about. Hope all is going well with you.
Love ya
Annette

Cory said...

Yes, I needed this reminder too! Breathe... :)

Simplicity Wins said...

That picture is beautiful! Thanks for the reminder.

Brenda said...

Beautiful!!

Carol Dunton said...

What a poignant reminder. Just yesterday I purchased some beads and gemstones to make a 'prayer mala'...the girl at the store referred to it as that. I am thinking that if I have something to hold, to look at, it will help with me being more committed to daily prayer. Beautiful post, picture and words....thank you for reminding us.

Mandy said...

Peaceful

pchickki said...

Love this post . Love the picture of the open gate.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the comments on my new collages.
Have a Blessed Day
Hugs
Patti

Daydreaming, tree hugging human named lindsey said...

what a perfect place!