Wednesday, June 25, 2008

aahhhhhh

the first monsoon of the summer
it thundered
rained really hard
the wind blew
and it smelled divine....
all while
the sun was still shining



and then there was a magnificent sunset
but i'm saving that one....for another post! :)

12 comments:

Karen said...

I love that kind of weather! Thanks for letting us enjoy it with you.

jessamyn said...

and I didn't even get one drop of it! harumph.

Joni said...

we had a nice summer storm here too, but not much rain (just enough to spot the car)...mostly thunder and lightning...and tonight was the most beautiful sunset I have seen in awhile...I took pictures, but the camera just didn't catch what I was seeing...maybe yours did!

:)

Jeanne said...

I love the photographs you share and you.
Love and hugs and smiles.
Jeanne

Carol Dunton said...

Yes, YES!! As I drove home from summer school yesterday I noticed the beginnings of those cumulonimbus clouds to the south and I thought....'OOOHHHH....here they come....I smell the possiblity of a storm!!' Well, I fell asleep in the afternoon (rare) and woke up to the pounding of raindrops on the roof! Yippee!!! I LOVE thunderstorms and our monsoon season, so this was reason enough to do a happy dance!! I love your photos of it...thank you for capturing them and posting! Wasn't it just great?!?

Debbie said...

I love monsoon season...yet we did not get rain either! Boooo! Glad you enjoyed the storm.

Annette said...

Love it....you lucky thing, it's so wonderful to get a good washing down from mother nature this time of year, we DIFFENTLEY need it here with all the wild fire's then we grass fires along the highways, we're all clearing are our throats around here, like Joni said we had engough to spot the car's but the sound of thunder was great, I sat outside for a few and listened to it....can't wait to see your pictures of the sunset....any "orange" in them?? (you thinking what I'm thinking)
Hug's always
Annette

Jamie said...

I just posted on Jessie's about the sunset last night. I, too, tried to take pictures, but I don't think they did the beauty justice. :) The sun kept slowing peaking out from behing the clouds as this round orangey/pink ball of fire...while below it was calm and serene pink and above it was this beautiful silver lining with bright rays of light looking like they were reaching up to heaven. It was amazing! :)

Donna said...

Goodness, that rain looks...Delicious!!!LOL...Happy day!!hughugs

cassie said...

oooooooo! i love those pictures of the rain coming down that hard! i miss the monsoons of albuquerque. glad you enjoyed your first storm.

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

I love the pictures! Really beautiful..There is nothing like Summer rain when you need it.
Sending you lots of love, Nita

Brenda said...

Your photos are great! Thank you for joining us for our photo challenge!