Sunday, December 23, 2007

our little Christmas Angel

this little angel has been in our family since around 1975.
each year, after all the other decorations are on the tree,one of the girls has the privilege of placing her on the tip top...her special place to be the guardian of the Christmas tree.

jessamyn in farmington



corky

brittnicassie
jamie and even nonnieand this year...the decorating was done....for almost a week..except for our little angel. so one night, without much fuss or fanfare ( since it was just papa, nonnie, asher and journey around) ......papa asked little asher if he would like the honors. at first he said "no tant to" (no thank you), but when he knew it meant getting up on papa's shoulders AND papa also using a ladder, then he thought it might be okay!




so....she's there...in her special place, being the guardian of our tree just as she has done for all these years! some things change, but they still stay the same! we are thinking of every one of you and wishing all of you a wonderful, wonderful Christmas eve day and night! enjoy making your memories for this day!


love you!

7 comments:

Vonda said...

That teeny little angel has a mighty big responsibility! But apparently she's been doing a very good job all these years! What a great tradition.

Vonda said...

That teeny little angel has a mighty big responsibility! But apparently she's been doing a very good job all these years! What a great tradition.

Debbie said...

Your family has the most heart warming traditions. I hope you enjoy your Christmas with all the angels in your life!

Cory said...

Oh for some reason this made me all teary eyed. Little asher putting the angel on this year was perfect :) It still seems like it should be your little kids. All of a sudden we all grew up without me even knowing it!!! :) I love our traditions. I am still on search for a little angel just like that one for my tree! I haven't had much luck which is why I still don't have an angel.

cassie said...

well i would have to say that she is such a special angel to all of us. we don't have an angel on our tree yet either...well except for MY little angel who sits a little below the top of the tree. she is a little shy after all of the harassment she received over the years.

Jamie said...

Oh, thanks...I'm crying.
I'm so glad little Asher got to put the angel on the tree this year. What a special job! Has dad gotten to put the angel on the tree yet or has he just gotten to be the "leg up"? :)
Love you all and miss you!!!

Anonymous said...

As far as I am concerned traditions are really what makes Christmas so special. Making a concerted effort to practice a certain tradition or traditions each year are what makes Christmas so special. That is why I will continue to send out Christmas cards each year no matter the price of first class mail. That is my favorite thing about Christmas....sending and receiving cards. Listening to Koy (1230 on the AM dial)playing Christmas music 24 hours a day beginning on Thanksgiving morning and ending at midnight on Christmas night. Making a sincere effort to see the huge Christmas pageant at Phoenix First Assembly Church each Christmas season and of course to close the season with the Zoolights sometime during the Christmas season. These are the things that are traditional for me and really bring home the feeling of Christmas. Sometimes I am too bushed to think I can make the effort to do all of these things ....but if I failed to do them I would have a huge hole in my tapestry of Christmas traditions and Christmas would not be the same. Yes, I do worry about when the time comes that I am not physically able to do these things but at almost 80 years of age all I can do is just cross that bridge when I come to it. GG