i came across some christmas celebrations
from a few years back....just a few!
christmas dinner 1971
the way we felt after christmas dinner 1971
we spent christmas day and had christmas dinnerat squaw peak ( piestewa peak) 1973......3 days before our wedding
we may have to try the outdoors thing again some day
edy joined in the festivites too
cowboy bill!
and santa always found us wherever we have been
some smart santa he is!



9 comments:
Wow! These pictures are treasures!!!! I loved growing up with the tradition of having Thanksgiving dinner at a park. Memories I hold very close to my heart :) Thanks for sharing mom.
Oh, I loved seeing all of these old photos again although they make my heart ache and my eyes fill with tears. We can't make life stop like we can in a photo. No, life just keeps on keeping on. Jamie, Cassie, Brittni, Cory and Jessamyn were not even born when these pictures were taken nor Jeremy, Rachel, Angela nor Andy for that matter. That Christmas of 1973 Cowboy Bill was 45 and now this Christmas of 2007 I am 79!!!. Now Cowboy Bil lives on pills and can't even climb a hill much less a mountain! But just look at all the life experiences I have had and I wouldn't have missed any of them for anything. Everyday I have experiences...Today I ate a late lunch in the food court at Scottsdale Fashion Square and this absolutely stunningly beautiful little girl of about 4 came to my table and just stood there intently looking into my face as I ate. I was talking to her and asking her name and asking her about Santa Claus. Her Mom walked over and said "She is deaf and can't hear a thing but she still likes for people to talk to her." I was so proud that she picked me and it broke my heart and reduced to me to tears at how she touched my soul yet I could do nothing for her except mouth words she could not hear. May God bless that little mute beautiful doll!
And then I noticed a handsome tall young man bring a tray of food to the table on the level right below me. Soon a beautiful blonde little boy about 4 followed and sat at the table while his Dad left and soon returned with more food and a beautiful blonde little girl about 2. The Dad proportioned out the food on the 3 paper plates while the children watched intently in silence. When Dad had everything ready they all 3 made the sign of the cross and the little boy raised his head and looked up at the heavens through the glass ceiling and opened his little mouth and with his hands clasped in a prayerlike attitude he prayed out loud for the longest time until his Dad smilingly tapped him and said that was enough now. That little boy's face was the face of an angel during his prayer. And then they ate and the Dad was so attentive seeing they each had enough on their plates and sharing his portion too with them. It all touched my heart to see a man that I consider a REAL MAN taking such wonderful care of his children. I don't know where the Mom was but I supposed she was trying to get some Christmas shopping done.
Even at 79 I hardly ever miss a day when kindness and goodness I observe reduce me to tears. Even in this world of woe and war you can't fail to see goodness and kindness all around you if you keep your eyes open and are not so
self absorbed that all you can see before you are your own trials and troubles.
I am eternally thankful to God for keeping my eyes open to see the goodness and kindness of my fellow human beings. Even at dusk tonight the lady across the steet who suffered a broken ankle in a recent accident limped across the street to inquire about my well being since I just recently returned from the hospital. There is an old saying about "the milk of human kindness" but it slips my mind like so many things do nowadays...no matter..I don't need to remember the words because I see those words being put to work on so many days....the milk of human kindness easing the burdens of many. GG
Mom ~ I love looking at these photos! I would have loved to have heard your conversations. I may not have been born yet...but I WAS "around". :) Thank you for sharing these!
Grandpa ~ thanks for reminding me to be thankful for all that I do have. I've been moping around for a while, and I do need to be reminded that I have so much to be grateful for and not to be so self absorbed. :)
Hey, I remember those pictures! We could all fit around the dining table back then!! And some of us were so much thinner! It was a beautiful day in the park. You and Bryan were sooo young and sooo in love...and thank goodness nothing has changed...well, maybe the young part! hee hee!
you make me laugh out loud vonda jean!!!! :)
and yes jamie......you were "around"! :)
i loved looking at these photos. it made me tear up a little just thinking of what you have experienced through this lifetime...and some of it i know nothing of. what a special family i have been blessed to be a part of - through many generations.
Man if that lunch table could talk it would have some interesting stories! Cory and I went biking up there a while ago and brought a lunch to eat. Who would have thought we would be sitting at the very table my momma and poppa sat at around my age! I love you!
Kim,
Your blog and your Dad always bring tears to my eyes. I love the way you both write and truly capture the essence of the moment. Thank you so much for sharing your memories with us.
Karyn
Post a Comment