Wednesday, December 5, 2007

i am

a lover of the ocean

i am joining cassie's "i am" idea.....
i don't know if i have always felt about the ocean like i do now.
i know that we went when i was growing up because my MOM loved the ocean.
i always enjoyed it.....but i don't think i connected with it like i do now.
maybe that is because when you are younger, you don't necessarily have the need for renewing, quiet refreshing......time for reflection.
the ocean does that for me.
i find a spot, sit down, dig my bare feet into the sand, look out at the rolling waves and something happens.....it's hard to explain...but i could stay there taking in the sound, smell, feel and motion around me all day.
i always leave the ocean feeling renewed, invigorated and refreshed...and a little sad because i know it will be a while before i can come back and share its magic.

The waves of the sea
Help me get back to me.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I wish I was there right now. It looks so peaceful...
This is certainly something I DO know about you. :)I'm thankful that your love for the ocean has been passed down to me as well. :)

Brittni said...

I can see you sitting on the beach with your feet buried staring off into the ocean! I have seen it many times! I wish we could all go and do the same! I love you mama

cassie said...

thanks for joining me in my "i ams" mom. i love that picture of you on the beach. the ocean is a truly mezmerizing place to be...thanks for passing down that love to me!

jessamyn said...

yes...i think you have implemented in some way this same love into your daughters as well!