comes immediate expectations ......or a lack of perhaps.
it seems that it starts with the number 50.
it was like overnight i heard more "well that's because we're 50 now"
or such comments about why we feel certain ways (physically)
or why we can't/shouldn't do things anymore etc.
i never heard this from my husband when he turned 50....
and i don't embrace those comments/feelings myself....i don't think that way.
i've always been a doer......strong....and independent
while raising a family of five.
i never hesitated to move the piano across the room while everyone was at school/work or to paint or wallpaper a room by the time bryan got home.
i have driven many looooong trips alone or with the girls,
spent months in one city with the girls while bryan was in another working
and kept up with everyone's schedule and activities (they do tell me now that i was a little more stressed than i ever thought i was)....:-)
but point is......i am me....i do what i do
so when i stay out til 2 in the morning dancing with my girls....
or walk the 3-Day, or plan a trip hours away, scream for adam, jump off
a cliff with my clothes on (or off)......that is who i am.....20, 30, 40 or 56.
i am so thankful that my husband, daughters/sons-in-law and i'm sure my
grandbabies all just take it pretty much for exactly that....after all.... they know me.
now, i'm not saying that i can still do everything i did when i was younger and as easily....but i know people who are older than i am who still can do what i can't.....but then that has been true at any age !
i think it's what you are used to, what you have done your whole life barring disease and illness....and attitude.
so.....no surprises or less expectations....
no excuses here.....
i'm just gonna keep bein me.



9 comments:
I love this post, Kimberly! And, you just keep being YOU!!
Had to laugh, though, because early in the week someone said to little Hunter "Be sweet, Hunter" and her reply "I don't want to be sweet, I want to be MYSELF". :)
I LOVE this momma! You are a beautiful person!!!!
When I think of you, my yet-to-be-seen, wonderful friend who lives in ridiculously hot Arizona, I never associate an age or a number with you - only that you are this incredibly uplifting and inspirational person who serves as an effective role model for the kind of woman I strive to be...strong, independent, fun, with just enough crazy-ness to be spontaneous and unpredictable. How can anyone put a number on LIVING? Life has too many restraints already without adding prescriptive expectations...so yes, Kimberly, you keep being YOU...the rest of us are counting on it!
Love to you this beautiful day in July ~
Well, I'll drink to that! What's age got to do with it?
And that is EXACTLY what you should do! BE YOU!!! The reason we love you so much:) We are so blessed to have a momma like you:) Now don't you get any ideas of taking motorcycle lessons!!!!!
Love and hugs♥
What a great post, Kimberly! I read some it aloud to my husband. We both think you are pretty terrific:). Our Moms are in their 60's and have pretty much given up on life...so sad...Rachel is the little light of their lives but they are very unhappy with how far away we live and do not like to fly:(...they barely check our blog because they are not "computer" people...geez...trying to keep everyone in the loop so to speak...I just love your passion for life and your family...you are wonderful...Lori...
You go girl!
is there really any other option? :) of course you're going to keep on being YOU!! :)
Post a Comment