some of the things she loved:
reading her bible
her grandkids
cooking and baking
naps
pismo beach
her doggie
judge parker and spider man funnies
kleenex
fruit
purses
shoes
dressing nice
white shoulders perfume
the color blue
vacations
taking her time
and
tea
we miss you....and wish you were here to share in all the great grandchildren....but somehow we all feel you are doing that anyway!
xo



12 comments:
White shoulders is my FAVORITE perfume too! :) I'm so thrilled that your Mom had you for all of us to love and call friend, my world is much better because of your mom bringing you in it! I'm sorry she's not with you, but she is and she see's all those beautiful babies right from God's lap! I LOVE YOU!
LOVE ya BUNCHES~
Annette
So very sweet, Kimberly. It sounds from your words that you are the essence of your mom. ((hugs))
What a great post. I miss my Mom too and wish that she and my Dad had lived to see my son. I know they would have enjoyed him. I always say my Dad is looking down on us and laughing because 2 baseball-hating parents got a baseball-playing, baseball-watching son. He would have loved talking baseball with his namesake.
Thanks for reminding us all to remember and cherish those not with us.
Awww...Such a sweet tribute to your Mother sweetie!!hughugs
i just looked at my calendar above the computer and told matt "today is my grandma's birthday"....then i came on here and saw your post. :)
yes, she is missed......so much.
she also liked half sticks of gum. :)
i believe she is watching from a much better perspective than any of us here have. :)
Your mom sounds like a special person and I believe her daughter to be...so many wonderful qualities to hand down. Maybe you should just bake a cake in her honor (chocolate please)...mmm.
...and we can also add brown turkey fig preserves to the list of things about your mom, yes? See, I remembered!
Have a sweet day Kimberly...let the memories unfold ~
love love love ya!
Wow...what a very tender, sweet post. As I read, it reminded me of the things that my mother liked, too...she always loved blue as well. I got goose-bumps at the tune "Tumblin' Tumbleweeds"...I LOVE that song - yes, I'm old enough to remember it...wow, talk about bringing memories back...has it really been THAT long?? K, I think your mother sounds like such a wonderful spirit of a woman. I like to think that my mom, who passed on almost 6 years ago, looks down and keeps an eye out for me....I'm sure your mom is doing the same and enjoying her grandchildren and great-grandchildren in her own way. She's with you all. Thank you for sharing about your sweet mother...what a beautiful daughter you are..
xo
VB
oh how i miss her...and her humming in the kitchen.
thanks for bringing her to the forefront of my mind in this moment.
it is good to "be" with her right now.
What a beautiful post honoring your Mother, Kimberly. I agree with Annette...my world is a much better place because you are in it too...and I have never even met you in person (yet:))Your posts and pictures always brighten my day. Thank you so much for letting me be a part of your blogging world. It is fun:). I am sure she is smiling down at you and is so proud of you for the daughter, mother, and grandmother you are...hugs...Lori
What a wonderful tribute to (what I believe to be) an amazing woman. The woman who come from her certainly are amazing! Hope you were able to enjoy your memories of her especially on her birthday. Love to you...
What a wonderful, loving, tribute to your mother. I'm sure she's smilin'.
My Mother would also have been 84 on the 11th.
Your Mother sounded like a fun person. I am sure you all miss her but you are right...she is looking down on all of you from a greater place.
God Bless You
Hugs
Patti
Post a Comment