Thursday, April 30, 2009

embrace yourself

every time i see this picture in a magazine
i smile.
she seems healthy, independent, happy, confident
and self-assured
unique.
and she is probably a grandma.


i remember a story from when i was little:
i was riding the bus with my mom
(she never drove until she was in her 50's)
and i saw a "little old lady"
across the way
with bright pink cheeks
(probably didn't realize then that it was "rouge")
and a smile on her face.....
i remember telling my mom
"when i get old, i want to be just like her!"


well....
my idea may have changed a bit over time :)
but hopefully
i will be a
confident, unique, happy, expressive, self-assured, patient,
playful, grateful, healthy,
grandma (nonnie)
who develops her talents
and
who embraces herself and others......
with a smile!

11 comments:

Brenda said...

And I'm sure you will!

Jeanne said...

Love you my darling friend
Jeanne ^j^

Donna said...

What a sweet post!

I love that model too! Wish I could have her figure, LOL, but I'll settle for the joyful spirit!

Annette said...

I know your all that and so much more! except.....I'm sure you don't have bright pink cheeks, you have the beautiful smile that I see in so many of your pictures, one of the million reasons why I love you so much, and hold you so very close to my heart!
Love ya~
Annette

Joni said...

You are already all those things I'm just sure of it!

When I was little I always wanted to be the fat little grandma who always had cookies...boy, has my mind changed!

Happy days dear friend...just peeking in for a quick hello...wrapping up this very challenging semester....I've dubbed myself the little red caboose...I think I can, I think I can...toot! toot! I'll let you know when I reach the top!

Love to you ~

pchickki said...

You are a sweetheart and I am sure your Grandchildren want to be like you when they are Grandma's
Hugs
Happy May Day Nonnie!
Patti

Sally said...

You are everything I'd like to be, and I appreciate your friendship so much.

Debbie said...

You are all of that and more to all who surround you. I see you in that picture dancing around with one of the kids (either your own or the grandkids!). You inspire so many in your family and outside of it. I hope you enjoy your day....

Jamie said...

mom ~ you are that and much much more! you even have the rosy cheeks! :)

~Red Tin Heart~ said...

To me, you are one of the most amazing people I have ever met. Your relationship with your kids makes me so happy for them and you..
Thank you for this post it made me smile.

P.s We have birds here that begin to sing before the sun rises. I don't know what kind they are. I am trying really hard to recognize each different bird's song and write it down in my nature journal.

Sending you much love, Nita <3

Donna said...

How wonderful sweetie! Thanks for the inspiration!hughugs