Wednesday, April 22, 2009

loving God's creation

happy Earth Day

“Love all of God's creation, the whole of it and every grain of sand. Love every leaf, every ray of God's light! Love the animals, love the plants, love everything. If you love everything, you will soon perceive the divine mystery in things. Once you perceive it, you will begin to comprehend it better every day. And you will come at last to love the whole world with an all-embracing love.”
— Fydor Doestoyevski (1821-1881), author

Earth is crammed with heaven.
And every bush aflame with God.
But only those who see take off their shoes.”
— Elizabeth Barrett Browning, poet

6 comments:

Annette said...

I love the words! my favorite part..." If you love everything, you will soon perceive the divine mystery in things" like a good friendship =) and guess what? I take my shoes off all the time, and when company comes calling to my home..I want them to take their shoes off and feel at home, put their feet up and stay awhile...
I love you Kim!!!
Hugs ALWAYS~
Annette

Sally said...

Amen! Beautiful post, Kimberly. :)

Joni said...

I'll swear, Fyodor Dostoevsky is following me around...just wrapped up "Notes From Underground" about an hour ago...now there's a mystery to ponder amidst all the others...and how I love them all!

Beautiful quotes for an important day...

Much love to you dear friend, hoping this heat isn't spoiling too much of your spring fun!

Jeanne said...

Fabulous my lovely friend
Blessings

Annette said...

Just a little reminder...


I


love


YOU!

Donna said...

Cool Shot sweetie!!hughugs