to wish things were different....
to think we have it worse than someone else,
to feel sorry for ourselves.
not to say that sometimes, because of things beyond our control,
these feelings are legitimate.
and each of our stories is different.
but this morning, i stumbled again upon this blog.
stephanie and her husband lived here in mesa az with their four children.
they were in a plane crash last august, that killed the pilot and left them severely burned and in critical condition.
she had this well-read blog before the crash, and one of her sisters (i believe)
kept it updated with their conditions and by re-posting favorite posts.
she is now back posting on her blog....
and after reading through her posts this morning.....
i feel truly grateful for my hands working.
that i am able to hold and carry my grandchildren
and hold hands with my husband,
that i can walk and run (sort of) :)
that i am able to care for myself.
i am thankful for my body's capabilities,
my abilities....
some of which i use too seldom
and appreciate too little....
a look through her words
makes me thankful today
more than i can say
and has put
a new energy
in my soul.



4 comments:
I love you Kim, yes, we do take so much for granted! and I try so hard to put myself in "other" people shoes, sometimes we need reminders that yes, things can happen at given moment, Thank you sweet friend for reminding all of us to be Thankful! you are one of the most caring person I have met, and I am so THANKFUL for that, we need more Kim's in our world.
Love to you ALWAYS~
Annette
Kimberly~You really do have one of the kindest hearts, and I promise to come back here one day and read that. (((hugs)))
Thank you for the reminder that no matter how difficult things become there are always others who face so much more and survive through God's Grace.
You are so special Kim and I love what you bring to the table for us to think about...every day is a blessing and truly, whatever the story, it can be worse off than it is so there is so much to be thankful for every single day...I really try to see through this lens daily and when I think it gets rough I look around...and this is usually how I see that we just need to be there (in some capacity) for each other no matter the circumstances.
You are such a blessing ~
Post a Comment